BFT #219

Dub Modal

4 hours ago, randyhersom said:

Peacock on 3 means it might be the Paul Bley.  Kikuchi is another vocalizer, I think.

Other names I thought of for 8 were Gato Barbieri, Ivo Perelman and the Maneris.

Indeed Bley on 3. I should've known Peacock would be a hint!

None of those guys for 8. This song isn't the typical style of the sax player...

1 hour ago, randyhersom said:

Bley first recorded in 1953, so I wonder if the pianist on 4 really came before him.  If so, Hank Jones could be in the mix.

A little before him...they were contemporaries then...but not Hank Jones. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early week 2 summary:

Coming a little early here because for some reason participation in this BFT is low. Not sure why but no matter, we’ll keep on truckin’ & trakin’:

Tracks 1, 2, 5, & 6 have been completely ID’d

Partial IDs for tracks 3, 4, 9 & 10

That leaves 7, 8, 11 & 12 with no IDs yet. 

Hate that this BFT is withering on the vine already but thanks to everyone who gave an ear and some thoughts! I enjoyed reading and discussing these songs with y’all. :tup

Track 01 - Welp, that's Clifford Jordan on tenor, right away.  And KD.  It's track 1 from this.  Gawd I love Clifford Jordan!

Track 02 - Hmmm.  The tune is Gospel Trane.  I have it on A Monastic Trio by Alice.  This doesn't sound like Alice, but I can't name a whole lot of harpists, and this is NOT Dorothy Ashby.  Intriguing.  Digging that beefy bass.  Keep thinking I'm hearing brushes, but this is a duet, isn't it.  (Laptop speakers)

Track 03 - That melody is very familiar.  Pharoah tune?  This definitely hits a mark with me, but the sound is a bit wonky (again, laptop speakers).  Has the sound of one of those early 70s Ibrahim dates, but the chord voicings are wrong for him.  I know it's going to be somebody like Michele Petrutiani, so I have no chance of IDing it, but I SHOULD get the tune.  Grrr!  That bass is striking the balance between the bottom and teasing the LaFaro zone (but not getting carried away).  Maybe Gary Peacock?  I think I need this.

Track 04 - Recently dumped every version of this tune I have onto an iPod trying to "study" the different perspectives.  This was not one of them.  Something about the phrasing has me thinking Kenny Barron.  Whomever it is is, for sure, a heavy weight.

Track 05 - Organ Grinder's Swing though I can't fathom who by.  I know it's always associated with Jimmy Smith, but I've always associated it with Milt Jackson because of the Kosei Nenkin record on Pablo.  Some sleuthing suggests Jimmie Lunceford.  Recently read a funny anecdote about a young producer looking to make a name for himself lamenting that the drummer couldn't get that "Lunceford sound."  The drummer, as it were, was Lunceford's drummer.  I like this just fine, though I'm not crazy about the arrangement, I think a lot of that has to do with the limitations of when it was recorded.

Track 06 - Liked this right away, but wasn't looking for the unemployment stick.  :D Tune is familiar, but I don't have a title.  I'm a sucker for this feel.  Sure sounds like Harold Vick, but I don't think there's much HV I don't have and I don't know this.

Track 07 - Oooo... tasty.  As a rule, not an effects guy, but this is working (though, it would work as well if not better without).  Definitely a Jarrett influence in that piano... kind of waiting for the tenor to come back because this is losing what it had.  Meh... it lost me.

Track 08 - Has the time feel of an Albert Ayler tune, but that sure sounds like Dewey Redman.  Nope... not Dewey. It's almost in the happy zone for me.  Jan Garbarek?  I have limited JG in my collection, and this sounds a bit edgier than what I have, but I can't find that cross-section of Dewey and Gato without arriving at him.  Now that he's in the mid-range of the horn, I'm nearly certain it's Jan.  Don't know what this is, though.  My U.S. Jazz bias shows through here -- I just don't hear the blues in this.

Track 09 - So our theme is clearly Latin influence.  Flamingo, no?  Credit for a different arrangement, but those drums (bolero?) just don't do it for me.  Like the double-octave piano, but this doesn't feel like it goes anywhere because it's busy trying to be different.  I appreciate the mindset that got it here, but it feels like it misses.  There's a lot of learned lines in here, but I don't hear the soul.

Track 10 - Despite the effects, this has all that the last tune lacked in the first 10 seconds.  If you've seen the Hans Groiner video on YouTube (if not, Google that name and Monk... you're welcome; and yes, that is who you think it is) this makes me think Hans Groiner's version of Equinox.  I am not well.  Oddly, I like it, anyway.  A bit David Friesen for me, but I am enjoying it.  Not enamored of that guitar, and I'm starting to get a sense of who this may be.  That's got to be Pat Metheny because I'm dozing.  Echoey recording suggests ECM, so... Burton?  Swallow has to be in there somewhere.  Can't think of the drummer that's on the stuff that's NOT DeJohnette (who, I'm realizing, is kind of my litmus test on purchasing music on that label).  This is that 80s period where Jazz went off the rails and lost me.  Can I blame Reagan or is that violating a rule?

Track 11 - Big drums.  Seems like a crossover -- rock guys working with some Jazz players.  Nothing poppy about that tenor.  Okay, I'm in. Great feel.  Definite Rahsaan influence, but not him.  Tenor is a little raw, like early McPhee without the anger.  Not Michael White but I want it to be.  Definitely owes a nod to Pharoah's early stuff, but also it's own thing.  It's rough, in a good way.  It's on the same trajectory of the previous two tunes, except that it gets everything right.  Somebody means this music.  Odd guess, but maybe Greg Bandy on drums?

Track 12 - Uh-oh... somebody just announced last call -- drink up!  A bit toward the commercial side, but I secretly wish I could play piano like this just for my own enjoyment (and maybe the occasional party).  Has that tinge of the learned, but also seems to be aiming (and hitting squarely) for a specific feel.  

Cool test.  Even the stuff I didn't dig made me listen (not always the case).  Curious about what some of this is.  Definitely a trek from where it began.  

5 minutes ago, tkeith said:

Track 01 - Welp, that's Clifford Jordan on tenor, right away.  And KD.  It's track 1 from this.  Gawd I love Clifford Jordan!

Track 02 - Hmmm.  The tune is Gospel Trane.  I have it on A Monastic Trio by Alice.  This doesn't sound like Alice, but I can't name a whole lot of harpists, and this is NOT Dorothy Ashby.  Intriguing.  Digging that beefy bass.  Keep thinking I'm hearing brushes, but this is a duet, isn't it.  (Laptop speakers)

Track 03 - That melody is very familiar.  Pharoah tune?  This definitely hits a mark with me, but the sound is a bit wonky (again, laptop speakers).  Has the sound of one of those early 70s Ibrahim dates, but the chord voicings are wrong for him.  I know it's going to be somebody like Michele Petrutiani, so I have no chance of IDing it, but I SHOULD get the tune.  Grrr!  That bass is striking the balance between the bottom and teasing the LaFaro zone (but not getting carried away).  Maybe Gary Peacock?  I think I need this.

Track 04 - Recently dumped every version of this tune I have onto an iPod trying to "study" the different perspectives.  This was not one of them.  Something about the phrasing has me thinking Kenny Barron.  Whomever it is is, for sure, a heavy weight.

Track 05 - Organ Grinder's Swing though I can't fathom who by.  I know it's always associated with Jimmy Smith, but I've always associated it with Milt Jackson because of the Kosei Nenkin record on Pablo.  Some sleuthing suggests Jimmie Lunceford.  Recently read a funny anecdote about a young producer looking to make a name for himself lamenting that the drummer couldn't get that "Lunceford sound."  The drummer, as it were, was Lunceford's drummer.  I like this just fine, though I'm not crazy about the arrangement, I think a lot of that has to do with the limitations of when it was recorded.

Track 06 - Liked this right away, but wasn't looking for the unemployment stick.  :D Tune is familiar, but I don't have a title.  I'm a sucker for this feel.  Sure sounds like Harold Vick, but I don't think there's much HV I don't have and I don't know this.

Track 07 - Oooo... tasty.  As a rule, not an effects guy, but this is working (though, it would work as well if not better without).  Definitely a Jarrett influence in that piano... kind of waiting for the tenor to come back because this is losing what it had.  Meh... it lost me.

Track 08 - Has the time feel of an Albert Ayler tune, but that sure sounds like Dewey Redman.  Nope... not Dewey. It's almost in the happy zone for me.  Jan Garbarek?  I have limited JG in my collection, and this sounds a bit edgier than what I have, but I can't find that cross-section of Dewey and Gato without arriving at him.  Now that he's in the mid-range of the horn, I'm nearly certain it's Jan.  Don't know what this is, though.  My U.S. Jazz bias shows through here -- I just don't hear the blues in this.

Track 09 - So our theme is clearly Latin influence.  Flamingo, no?  Credit for a different arrangement, but those drums (bolero?) just don't do it for me.  Like the double-octave piano, but this doesn't feel like it goes anywhere because it's busy trying to be different.  I appreciate the mindset that got it here, but it feels like it misses.  There's a lot of learned lines in here, but I don't hear the soul.

Track 10 - Despite the effects, this has all that the last tune lacked in the first 10 seconds.  If you've seen the Hans Groiner video on YouTube (if not, Google that name and Monk... you're welcome; and yes, that is who you think it is) this makes me think Hans Groiner's version of Equinox.  I am not well.  Oddly, I like it, anyway.  A bit David Friesen for me, but I am enjoying it.  Not enamored of that guitar, and I'm starting to get a sense of who this may be.  That's got to be Pat Metheny because I'm dozing.  Echoey recording suggests ECM, so... Burton?  Swallow has to be in there somewhere.  Can't think of the drummer that's on the stuff that's NOT DeJohnette (who, I'm realizing, is kind of my litmus test on purchasing music on that label).  This is that 80s period where Jazz went off the rails and lost me.  Can I blame Reagan or is that violating a rule?

Track 11 - Big drums.  Seems like a crossover -- rock guys working with some Jazz players.  Nothing poppy about that tenor.  Okay, I'm in. Great feel.  Definite Rahsaan influence, but not him.  Tenor is a little raw, like early McPhee without the anger.  Not Michael White but I want it to be.  Definitely owes a nod to Pharoah's early stuff, but also it's own thing.  It's rough, in a good way.  It's on the same trajectory of the previous two tunes, except that it gets everything right.  Somebody means this music.  Odd guess, but maybe Greg Bandy on drums?

Track 12 - Uh-oh... somebody just announced last call -- drink up!  A bit toward the commercial side, but I secretly wish I could play piano like this just for my own enjoyment (and maybe the occasional party).  Has that tinge of the learned, but also seems to be aiming (and hitting squarely) for a specific feel.  

Cool test.  Even the stuff I didn't dig made me listen (not always the case).  Curious about what some of this is.  Definitely a trek from where it began.  

AFTER READING:

HUH!  I feel pretty good to be in the neighborhood on so much stuff that was unfamiliar to me.  Surprised to see some of the guesses on 11, and really looking forward to that ID, now.  If Felser heard Michael White, I had to be on the right track!

1 hour ago, tkeith said:

This was nearly unguessable, but you guessed it.  Awesome

2 hours ago, tkeith said:

Track 01 - Welp, that's Clifford Jordan on tenor, right away.  And KD.  It's track 1 from this.  Gawd I love Clifford Jordan! Indeed. This track smokes. 

Track 02 - Hmmm.  The tune is Gospel Trane.  I have it on A Monastic Trio by Alice.  This doesn't sound like Alice, but I can't name a whole lot of harpists, and this is NOT Dorothy Ashby.  Intriguing.  Digging that beefy bass.  Keep thinking I'm hearing brushes, but this is a duet, isn't it.  (Laptop speakers). This one has been guessed, so you probably read who this is. Dezron Douglas on bass definitely impresses here as does Brandee Younger. Only duo, and I suspect some of the brushing sounds are recording artifacts. They did this remote from each other during the pandemic. I wanted to include Douglas' brief tribute to coffee just before this song starts but couldn't find where it fit. 

Track 03 - That melody is very familiar.  Pharoah tune?  This definitely hits a mark with me, but the sound is a bit wonky (again, laptop speakers).  Has the sound of one of those early 70s Ibrahim dates, but the chord voicings are wrong for him.  I know it's going to be somebody like Michele Petrutiani, so I have no chance of IDing it, but I SHOULD get the tune.  Grrr!  That bass is striking the balance between the bottom and teasing the LaFaro zone (but not getting carried away).  Maybe Gary Peacock?  I think I need this. Gary Peacock & Paul Bley ID'd on this one but not the album yet (I don't think)

Track 04 - Recently dumped every version of this tune I have onto an iPod trying to "study" the different perspectives.  This was not one of them.  Something about the phrasing has me thinking Kenny Barron.  Whomever it is is, for sure, a heavy weight. Yeah, I'd say so too. And I think this album is a bit obscure...

Track 05 - Organ Grinder's Swing though I can't fathom who by.  I know it's always associated with Jimmy Smith, but I've always associated it with Milt Jackson because of the Kosei Nenkin record on Pablo.  Some sleuthing suggests Jimmie Lunceford.  Recently read a funny anecdote about a young producer looking to make a name for himself lamenting that the drummer couldn't get that "Lunceford sound."  The drummer, as it were, was Lunceford's drummer.  I like this just fine, though I'm not crazy about the arrangement, I think a lot of that has to do with the limitations of when it was recorded. The arrangement is definitely different, and I do suspect recording limitations will bind this one to its era, but damn they make it work - at least for me. I bet they ripped this live. 

Track 06 - Liked this right away, but wasn't looking for the unemployment stick.  :D Tune is familiar, but I don't have a title.  I'm a sucker for this feel.  Sure sounds like Harold Vick, but I don't think there's much HV I don't have and I don't know this. ID'd as Nathan Davis. Another song I loved from the first second. 

Track 07 - Oooo... tasty.  As a rule, not an effects guy, but this is working (though, it would work as well if not better without).  Definitely a Jarrett influence in that piano... kind of waiting for the tenor to come back because this is losing what it had.  Meh... it lost me. Hint here is that it's the artist's first album. I do think it starts out stronger than it finishes, but I still like it and look forward to more from them. 

Track 08 - Has the time feel of an Albert Ayler tune, but that sure sounds like Dewey Redman.  Nope... not Dewey. It's almost in the happy zone for me.  Jan Garbarek?  I have limited JG in my collection, and this sounds a bit edgier than what I have, but I can't find that cross-section of Dewey and Gato without arriving at him.  Now that he's in the mid-range of the horn, I'm nearly certain it's Jan.  Don't know what this is, though.  My U.S. Jazz bias shows through here -- I just don't hear the blues in this. Nailed the sax player - I kind of figured you would actually. I dig this b/c I hear it as a tribute to Ayler, and I don't think many would consider Jan as influenced by him. I also like that they're using that style on a regional folk tune - so maybe that's why there's a lack of blues? It's catchy as hell and I think they're really enjoying it. 

Track 09 - So our theme is clearly Latin influence.  Flamingo, no?  Credit for a different arrangement, but those drums (bolero?) just don't do it for me.  Like the double-octave piano, but this doesn't feel like it goes anywhere because it's busy trying to be different.  I appreciate the mindset that got it here, but it feels like it misses.  There's a lot of learned lines in here, but I don't hear the soul. Flamingo - yep. I'll be interested to read reactions when this one is revealed. 

Track 10 - Despite the effects, this has all that the last tune lacked in the first 10 seconds.  If you've seen the Hans Groiner video on YouTube (if not, Google that name and Monk... you're welcome; and yes, that is who you think it is) this makes me think Hans Groiner's version of Equinox.  I am not well.  Oddly, I like it, anyway.  A bit David Friesen for me, but I am enjoying it.  Not enamored of that guitar, and I'm starting to get a sense of who this may be.  That's got to be Pat Metheny because I'm dozing.  Echoey recording suggests ECM, so... Burton?  Swallow has to be in there somewhere.  Can't think of the drummer that's on the stuff that's NOT DeJohnette (who, I'm realizing, is kind of my litmus test on purchasing music on that label).  This is that 80s period where Jazz went off the rails and lost me.  Can I blame Reagan or is that violating a rule? I haven't seent Groiner, will remedy that soon. Lol on the Metheny jab. Drummer is Dan Gottlieb btw. Burton & Swallow present. I think they're improving upon an earlier recording of this Metheny composition. 

Track 11 - Big drums.  Seems like a crossover -- rock guys working with some Jazz players.  Nothing poppy about that tenor.  Okay, I'm in. Great feel.  Definite Rahsaan influence, but not him.  Tenor is a little raw, like early McPhee without the anger.  Not Michael White but I want it to be.  Definitely owes a nod to Pharoah's early stuff, but also it's own thing.  It's rough, in a good way.  It's on the same trajectory of the previous two tunes, except that it gets everything right.  Somebody means this music.  Odd guess, but maybe Greg Bandy on drums? Not Bandy on drums...and I'm betting the drummer won't ring any bells (cool if it does though). There is some crossover here, but I agree in that it's heartfelt and serious. 

Track 12 - Uh-oh... somebody just announced last call -- drink up!  A bit toward the commercial side, but I secretly wish I could play piano like this just for my own enjoyment (and maybe the occasional party).  Has that tinge of the learned, but also seems to be aiming (and hitting squarely) for a specific feel.  I'm surprised no one's gotten this yet but I think your observation is correct - it's part of a whole in terms of vision for the album it's on. 

Cool test.  Even the stuff I didn't dig made me listen (not always the case).  Curious about what some of this is.  Definitely a trek from where it began.  Thank you, and glad to spark some curiosity via these tracks. Also happy that you found some enjoyment in it. Loved to read your perspective here as well. Credit to @randyhersom for using "jazz panorama" for the scope of this BFT. If there was a mission or theme here, that was it.  

2 hours ago, randyhersom said:

This was nearly unguessable, but you guessed it.  Awesome

The man has good ears. Color me impressed to. 

Can't believe I missed Garbarek. Kudos for that spot and the way it was arrived at.

I thought I knew most of his output but obviously not nearly well enough. I'm going to be intrigued come ID time.

The albums with Shankar are the only JG albums with violin as far as I know. Perhaps he's not the leader?

Edited by mjazzg

1 hour ago, Dub Modal said:

I haven't seent Groiner, will remedy that soon. Lol on the Metheny jab. Drummer is Dan Gottlieb btw. Burton & Swallow present. I think they're improving upon an earlier recording of this Metheny composition. 

Gottlieb was not who I was thinking, but Jesus it's obvious, now.  I remember Downbeat did a feature on him in the late 80s (I subscribed through one of those school magazine drives).  I sought him out as a result of the article.  He did not resonate.

27 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Can't believe I missed Garbarek. Kudos for that spot and the way it was arrived at.

I thought I knew most of his output but obviously not nearly well enough. I'm going to be intrigued come ID time.

The albums with Shankar are the only JG albums with violin as far as I know. Perhaps he's not the leader?

This is a collaborative effort I’d say…and actually, no violin present. 

20 minutes ago, tkeith said:

Gottlieb was not who I was thinking, but Jesus it's obvious, now.  I remember Downbeat did a feature on him in the late 80s (I subscribed through one of those school magazine drives).  I sought him out as a result of the article.  He did not resonate.

Lol, I take it you’re not in the ECM fan club :lol:

1 minute ago, Dub Modal said:

This is a collaborative effort I’d say…and actually, no violin present. 

Lol, I take it you’re not in the ECM fan club :lol:

On a limited basis.  If DeJohnette is present, very much so.  George Adams' Sound Suggestions, the first Special Edition (w/Murray and Blythe) are both favorites.  I actually always liked the sound of the recordings (placing me very much in the minority), but when they lean too George Winston, I'm out.

@mjazzg with that hint from Randy above I bet you can get the album, especially if you approach from the collaborative angle. Also, I really think you can get track 7 too. 

And damn if George Winston has a duet record with Meryl Streep. Granted she’s reading, but still. 

5 minutes ago, randyhersom said:

Jon Christensen is the drummer tkeith couldn't think of, I think.  I like him.  Arild is playing high notes on the bass, no violins on 8.  I didn't pick up that there were 2 basses on the record date for 10, have to listen again for the bass(es).

The liners note Swallow is playing a bass guitar, which I took to mean an acoustic 4 string guitar rather than stand up contrabass. I’m no expert so please correct me if I’m wrong there. 

9 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

@mjazzg with that hint from Randy above I bet you can get the album, especially if you approach from the collaborative angle. Also, I really think you can get track 7 too. 

And damn if George Winston has a duet record with Meryl Streep. Granted she’s reading, but still. 

The liners note Swallow is playing a bass guitar, which I took to mean an acoustic 4 string guitar rather than stand up contrabass. I’m no expert so please correct me if I’m wrong there. 

I believe that is correct.

1 minute ago, randyhersom said:

Acoustic bass guitar is really rare, I think it's an electric.  I find him to be very recognizable on electric bass.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, here -- it may be amplified, but I believe it to be an acoustic bass guitar from what I'm hearing (as opposed to electric bass).  I'm not string guy, but that's what I'm picturing from what I hear, and yes, that is rare.

For a while Swallow was playing a semi-hollow narrow bodied electric 4 string bass guitar. He got really interesting sounds out of that. He's also played fully hollow bodied electric guitars, and solid bodied four- and five-string bass guitars. . . he employed quite a few instruments after he went electric.

Edited by jazzbo

OK, so ignoring all the blind alleys caused by mentions of Michael White and thanks to the prompts that it's not a violin that my cloth ears are hearing, track 8 is 'Bruremarsj' by Garbarek, Vesala and Andersen from the ever marvellous 'Triptykon'. 

https://www.discogs.com/master/108087-Jan-Garbarek-Arild-Andersen-Edward-Vesala-Triptykon

Stellar trio and a fabulous album that I obviously haven't listened to nearly enough recently.  Vesala was a monster precussionist and drummer. Great choice!

Early Garbarek in a trio, should have got this a lot earlier

13 hours ago, randyhersom said:

Wikipedia says:   In the early 1970s, Swallow switched exclusively to electric bass guitar, of which he prefers the five-string variety.

It's possible they are wrong.

Or my ears are (very distinct possibility).  My mind was blown about all things string when I watched a kid playing an acoustic hollow body through a distortion pedal.  I've trusted nothing since.

13 hours ago, randyhersom said:

Wikipedia says:   In the early 1970s, Swallow switched exclusively to electric bass guitar, of which he prefers the five-string variety.

It's possible they are wrong.

13 hours ago, jazzbo said:

For a while Swallow was playing a semi-hollow narrow bodied electric 4 string bass guitar. He got really interesting sounds out of that. He's also played fully hollow bodied electric guitars, and solid bodied four- and five-string bass guitars. . . he employed quite a few instruments after he went electric.

4 minutes ago, tkeith said:

Or my ears are (very distinct possibility).  My mind was blown about all things string when I watched a kid playing an acoustic hollow body through a distortion pedal.  I've trusted nothing since.

After looking at pics of Swallow online trying to figure this out I think most likely it’s a funky looking electric bass. I don’t know enough about these instruments though so it could be some sort of hybrid, etc. not to mention the effects ECM’s studio could have worked in for that sound here. I was actually going to try and email Swallow to ask him but the only means of communication I could find was a message thru IG and he hasn’t been active there in a few years. No telling if he’d receive it much less answer though. 

3 hours ago, mjazzg said:

OK, so ignoring all the blind alleys caused by mentions of Michael White and thanks to the prompts that it's not a violin that my cloth ears are hearing, track 8 is 'Bruremarsj' by Garbarek, Vesala and Andersen from the ever marvellous 'Triptykon'. 

https://www.discogs.com/master/108087-Jan-Garbarek-Arild-Andersen-Edward-Vesala-Triptykon

Stellar trio and a fabulous album that I obviously haven't listened to nearly enough recently.  Vesala was a monster precussionist and drummer. Great choice!

Early Garbarek in a trio, should have got this a lot earlier

Yeah, that’s it! I love the whole album but knew this track would throw some folks off. It’s the one track that didn’t carry any arrangement or composition credit other than it’s an old Norwegian folk tune - which I thought was cool in and of itself. 

Week 3 bump. 

Tracks 4,7, 9, 11 & 12 haven’t had any artists ID’d as of yet. Song titles for 4 & 9 have been named. 

Traffic is way, way down on these last two BFTs for whatever reason. Regardless, some great discussion so far and hoping to keep that up through the reveal. 

@Pim you’ve got next month’s BFT I see. Feel free to weigh in here if so inclined :tup

2 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

Week 3 bump. 

Tracks 4,7, 9, 11 & 12 haven’t had any artists ID’d as of yet. Song titles for 4 & 9 have been named. 

Traffic is way, way down on these last two BFTs for whatever reason. Regardless, some great discussion so far and hoping to keep that up through the reveal. 

@Pim you’ve got next month’s BFT I see. Feel free to weigh in here if so inclined :tup

A bad excuse I know but just busy, busy, busy. On a school trip with some of my high school classes in Berlin now. Will try to listen when I’m back though 

I’m going to post the reveal early next week, a little early but participation is dead. :shrug[1]: Summertime blues I guess. 

Hint on 7 is the synth player is the leader, and it’s from their first full length album (and only album at this point). 

Hint on 11: the leader is from Chicago and goes by an alias. 

Cheers!