Hilarious Spoof of Contemporary Female Vocal Style

10 hours ago, Bill Nelson said:

Those dry-cracked, throat-scratched vocals usually indicate years of road-weary existence.

Young millennial, please tell us how hard life has been.   

Yeah, they have to get out of bed when their mommy wakes them, and go to the computer and record their 32nd youtube video hit.

Hilarious stuff TTK!

Yes, hilarious. Because it does reflect sounds you've heard on the radio.
Though there is another angle to it that I am wondering about ...
I am not familiar with today's female U.S. pop singers so cannot pinpoint who she is actually making fun of but her first segment, in particular, made me think of others that may be more present over here: Over time there seems to have been a tendency of British singers not so sing in what might be construed as "standard" or "universally understandable" English but to show off (or fake?) a marked Irish, Scottish or Welsh accent (or one from some of the more outlying regions of England?). And when you combine the slurs and off pronounciation of her first segment you end up with how some of these female singers really do sound like.

i don't much like it, but I don't think that I'm the guy they're trying to communicate with.

As for life being "hard"...there's plenty of fear and apprehension all over the world, about the world. That's hard foe everybody (well, almost everybody...), and not just young women.  So if this is how they're feeling (and apparently enough are for it to have become a thing to be mocked), let them say it their way.

Still and all, i don't much like it. Bbut I don't think that I'm the guy they're trying to communicate with.

6 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Yes, hilarious. Because it does reflect sounds you've heard on the radio.
Though there is another angle to it that I am wondering about ...
I am not familiar with today's female U.S. pop singers so cannot pinpoint who she is actually making fun of but her first segment, in particular, made me think of others that may be more present over here: Over time there seems to have been a tendency of British singers not so sing in what might be construed as "standard" or "universally understandable" English but to show off (or fake?) a marked Irish, Scottish or Welsh accent (or one from some of the more outlying regions of England?). And when you combine the slurs and off pronounciation of her first segment you end up with how some of these female singers really do sound like.

And not just female singers.  I always thought Dave Matthews sounded like his mouth was full of small stones while he sang - can't understand a word.

Dave Matthews has a lot of fans, sold a lot of records, and has a lot of imitators.

So somebody's getting it, a lot of people apparently.

Not me, but...you know, I still think that Elvis was and is bullshit, so, again, I am not the target audience for any of this stuff.

And that's perfectly fine with me.

Zoom, Twitter, Tik-Toak, it's all sorta the same thing. Less so zoom, maybe, but still, it's built on the premise that if you can see me, that's all it takes to get something done. For office meetings, hey, yeah, sure. but for music, hey look at me, this is what you want, so here it is, stop me when/if you don't like it anymore....this is what it is. The ultimate in 21st Century Pop Music. All The Hit All The Time.

And nobody should be surprised. Narcissistic bias-confirmation is built into the entire social-media paradigm (and has long been both predicted and proven) . If you can "build an audience" this way and then monetize it, hey, why wouldn't you? "Road" long ago lost whatever meaning it had, "road" is dead.

Nope, nobody should be surprised, and really, nobody should complain, especially a Twitter user who's probably hoping to go viral. Sorta proving the point, that one is.

20 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Here is a collection of gems parodying bad musicians and vocalist, done by Paul Weston and his wife Jo Stafford.

There's a Volume 2, ya' know!

For a quick minute there I thought about collecting all the LPs, but soon found out that there were more than I had expected.

• 3 weeks later...