A Love Supreme - UHQR

Brad

I usually don't mind the 45rpm reissues, I have a few of the Blue Note Music Matters that sound great, but I'm not sure I want to break up the continuity of the music on this album anymore than just the once on a 33rpm LPs I have (two different pressings). Or not at all, as on my CD.

That said, I'd love to hear what this sounds like

58 minutes ago, Pim said:

Question is: that slightest bit of difference, if you hear it at all, is that worth a 110 dollars 🤔

Precisely.  Ever diminishing returns.

But there must be a market for it.  Otherwise, they wouldn't make it.  For "well heeled" audiophiles and jazz lovers, I guess.

I understand that there's an "UltraReality" version of "A Love Supreme"
that arrives in the mail as an AI-based hologram with a small-box setup.
All you have to provide is a stage for the musicians to play on and you'll
have the "studio" recording right there for you to enjoy! Unfortunately,
it may still not be "real" enough because you forgot to use your Debrox®
Earwax cleaning kit as thoroughly as you should've.

Edited by rostasi

1 hour ago, Pim said:

Question is: that slightest bit of difference, if you hear it at all, is that worth a 110 dollars 🤔

those AS sound amazing

It's happening in many areas, not just LPs.

For instance, high-end bicycles have become absolutely ridiculous. Every mfr. seems to have a $15,000 (or more) flagship model, and $500 seems to be the number for high-zoot handlebars, or shoes, or saddle, or helmet, or "oversized pulley wheels", ... And you're hopeless without hydraulic disc brakes and electronic shifting! Rim brakes and mechanical shifting are practically extinct. 🤣

I used to play hockey, and same deal. I recently noticed to my astonishment that high-end pro hockey skates top out around a grand. 🤔

Edited by T.D.

I purchased the UHQR for KOB. It sounded very good but was it that much better than the MoFi I had and later sold. No, I can’t say it was. On the other hand, the Craft Records Small Batch of Eastern Sounds is amazing and was worth it to me.  

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

I read somewhere that there were versions of Ascension released for Jukebox. How to clear out a pub in three seconds.

I used to put on live Cecil Taylor to clear out parties.  So glad we have yet another reissue of A Love Supreme, just what we've been waiting for. 

Edited by felser

11 minutes ago, felser said:

So glad we have yet another reissue of A Love Supreme, just what we've been waiting for. 

🤣Heading for Kind of Blue status?

I think it's somewhat risible that all these megabuck "Audiophile" releases seem to be targeted at aging boomers with deteriorating hearing...but they sure got disposable income!

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

"aging boomers"...are there any other kind? 

Judging from age-group sports, there are plenty of folks who, via juicing with HGH, other hormones and God knows what else, think they are holding the aging process at bay. 🤔

Edited by T.D.