Pyewacket RIP

Our Siamese tripod Pyewacket crossed over this morning.  She was 16.  

Seven years ago, she was given two years to live, and made it another 7 years.

She is named after Pyewacket, the Siamese cat in Bell, Book & Candle, featuring a fantastic score by George Duning and the Candoli brothers.  In the photo, our Pye is wearing a collar very similar to that in the film.  

She had a very sweet soul.  As Jean Cocteau wrote, "I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul."

@Stonewall15 had the pleasure of meeting her this time last year.

We love you, Pye.  Safe travels. 

FB_IMG_1696431230410~2.jpg

6 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Pets can become family, and often better family than humans.

Their physical loss leaves a void that is more than physical.

Best wishes on adjusting that void as you all go forward. Hoping that a new spirit comes your way to do that. 

Yes, and the heartbreaking part is when they are sick or dying, you can't ask them if they are comfortable, or if there is anything you can do to make them feel better.

We have a male Maine Coon cat named Molokai.  We have historically had two cats so they could keep each other company, but as Ms. TTK and I both work from home, he probably won't be as lonely as he would otherwise.  But we are open to the possibility of a new cat if the situation presents itself. 

Thanks all for the warm wishes.

Our (now probably not) forum member Shawn had a cat named Pyewacket who has passed on now. She was a one person cat! Not nice to others. 

I had a cat named Marjorie Bouvier Haggerty Armstrong who we got as a kitten and lived to be over 18 years. Now I'm a dog person . . . they're more trouble, but worth the effort.

Sorry to hear of your loss, TTK.  But I'm happy that Pyewacket was able to stay with you longer than expected.

I've only become a cat person in the last ten years or so.  I've always enjoyed cats; I'd just never lived with one.  I grew up with dogs. 

Now we have two cats, and I've discovered how wonderful they are.

Animals (er, non-human animals) are amazing to live with in whatever form they appear. We have one cat, a ten-year-old named Noodles (we chose to keep the shelter name, as it somehow fits), and she's the light of our life. We might get another little buddy at some point soon just to give her more company once my remote-work life wraps up (which it will).

16 is a great run. Pyewacket forever.