2023 NFL Thread

JSngry

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Big Al said:

As always, it will depend on which Cows team shows up. Also as always, I'm rooting for the Cowboys but understand anything can (and routinely does) happen.

I long ago got disgusted by Jerry Jones, and by extension the Cowboys. But this year has seemed the confirm the rumors that the football side of the business has become essentially Jerry-free. And the team has indeed been drama-free in terms of character. Plus, it's a fun team to watch (most of the time...).

I have no unrealistic expectations about getting to the Super Bowl, but for the first time in a long time, I'll be watching and rooting for, rather than against them. 

The weather in several cities is likely to be challenging to even the heartiest fans.   I am hoping the cold will work to the Steelers advantage up in Buffalo.   I don't expect them to win, as their defense has been porous against the run and pass almost all season.  But you never know.......

8 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Not just the cold - travel ban in effect at 9:00 pm, to be reconsidered at 6:00 am. It is colder in KC.

I live in KC.  Yes - very cold.  Ticket prices have plummeted.  Should be very interesting!!

Dan Quinn's wretched defense for the Cowboys today took me back to his days as the head coach here in Atlanta.  At their best, Quinn's defenses in ATL were adequate.  At their worst, they were bad enough to blow a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl.  

I'm still amazed that other teams are considering him as a potential head coach.

Damn, it's gonna be CJ Stroud against the Ravens next week. I like them both, but how can you not root for a guy whose mother and father helped build their own church, and the father was a football coach and a pastor who's now doing 40 years for carjacking, drug dealing etc...?

I had been "away" from Cowboy football for so long that I had forgotten that this is what they do. Why? Jerry? There's always that. But the team was stiff and the non-existent defensive game plan was nothing short of surrealistic. So yeah, an overall dysfunctionality that always ends up being more sizzle than steak.

But Philly...wtf happened there? Whatever it was seemed to have happened more or less at once and couldn't be fixed. Very puzzling barring further revelations. 

I have a feeling Jerry Jones is going to find a way to hire Bill Belichick & if that happens, the Cowboys defense will likely be turned around pretty quickly. As shitty as the Patriots were this past year, their defense was still really good. They lost 8 games by less than one score. If the Patriots had a functioning offensive line & the NFL referees didn't suck as bad as they have, they might've been a playoff team.

That being said, Prescott's only got one more year on his contract and I don't see any reason why they'd extend him as he hasn't shown anything in the postseason (plus they already owe him $45 Million for next year). I suppose they could go "all in" for 2024/25 in their last year with Dak, and hope he can finally get his act together in the playoffs.

Edited by bresna