2023 NFL Thread

JSngry

15 hours ago, JSngry said:

But Philly...wtf happened there?

A few things: 

injuries, esp to defensive backs and offensive line

Matt Patricia as DC was the wrong move. Even with their defensive injuries they underachieved.

Losing Steichen who is now the Indy HC. He was the secret sauce last year and they floated by all year on the fumes from last season’s momentum. 

I’m not a Philly fan, these are just my observations from following the league this year. Nothing that can’t be fixed but they need to regroup this off-season.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Had me on the edge of my seat.  49ers will need to play better to get to the SB. However, Deebo’s status is uncertain and they won’t get there without him. 

I still can't believe that there was no flag for hitting Deebo in the helmet on that play. The NFL talks the talk about player safety but they refuse to walk the walk when it comes to calling it the right way.

And the refs gift the Chiefs with another BS call for their benefit. Bills fans have every reason to call out the NFL for the way that delayed pass interference call was made. If it was a penalty, the ref throws a flag. If it's not, they don't. What should never happen is that they all get together in a huddle and say, "I didn't see anything, did you?" until they find one them willing to say, "I think I did".

I'm about done with the NFL these days with the way the referees are calling games.

49ers and Ravens are the clear favorites at this point. And the way Lamar and the Ravens are playing I just don’t see them getting beat. Of course the 2 week lag between the conference championships and the Super Bowl can cool hot teams. Wish they’d just play the SB the week after while these players are ready to roll. 

I watched not a moment during the regular season and scattered/less than a full quarter of portions of the playoff games but knowing the Lions are in the Conference championship gives me a rooting interest. They've suffered long enough.

I'm going to miss the Jackson/Allen battle of wits, but oh well. Buffalo is too depleted to let that game be played to full effect anyway. 

I would like to see some Taylor Swift reaction shots on plays that go sideways or when players get hurt.

Or maybe none at all...I mean, I get it, but still... 

Is it just me, or did both San Francisco and Green Bay seem to be, uh..."amped up" if you know what I mean? 

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

I'm going to miss the Jackson/Allen battle of wits, but oh well. Buffalo is too depleted to let that game be played to full effect anyway. 

I would like to see some Taylor Swift reaction shots on plays that go sideways or when players get hurt.

Or maybe none at all...I mean, I get it, but still... 

Is it just me, or did both San Francisco and Green Bay seem to be, uh..."amped up" if you know what I mean? 

Word is that it’s a post-game bonanza on toradol and ambien for these players, even in the regular season. They’re all highly amped, at least the guys who know they’re playing. Cheetah ain’t running that fast for that long on adrenaline and effort alone. 

1 hour ago, Dub Modal said:

Word is that it’s a post-game bonanza on toradol and ambien for these players, even in the regular season. They’re all highly amped, at least the guys who know they’re playing. Cheetah ain’t running that fast for that long on adrenaline and effort alone. 

"Word" from who / where??? I'd like to see the information verified.

7 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

"Word" from who / where??? I'd like to see the information verified.

lol are you kidding?

There was a lawsuit filed a few years back by players against the nfl for excessive pain drug injections. It included over 600 players as plaintiffs  I believe. AFAIK it’s never been settled.

Former RB Ricky Williams was written about in SI this past fall as promoting marijuana over NFL teams’ heavy usage of toradol/vicodin and sleep meds. 

It’s an ongoing problem. You have reason to doubt this, why?

17 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

lol are you kidding?

There was a lawsuit filed a few years back by players against the nfl for excessive pain drug injections. It included over 600 players as plaintiffs  I believe. AFAIK it’s never been settled.

Former RB Ricky Williams was written about in SI this past fall as promoting marijuana over NFL teams’ heavy usage of toradol/vicodin and sleep meds. 

It’s an ongoing problem. You have reason to doubt this, why?

Ho, ho, ho to you too. Didn't mean to be "funny".

Don't read SI. Never have seen or read about this. Sorry if I offended you.