Ponty, Jean-Luc - Enigmatic Ocean

Rava, Enrico - Happiness Is...

Van Eps, George - Mellow Guitar

Versace, Gary - Time and Again

West, Speedy - There's Gonna Be A Party

West, Speedy - Travellin' From Georga to West Samoa

Wheeler, Kenny - It Takes Two!

now I'd better chill the f*ck out...

Holy crap! But still, lots of good music in there! Should keep you happy for a long time.

I just placed my first Mosaic order in two years....ordered the McCoy Tyner, Tony Williams and Art Pepper Selects. Can't wait to get these!

Abercrombie, John - Cat 'n' Mouse

Abercrombie, John - Tactics

Abercrombie, John and Andy LaVerne - Nosmo King

Abercrombie, John and Andy LaVerne - Now It Can Be Played

Abercrombie, John and Andy LaVerne - Timelines

Burton, Gary - Country Roads and Other Places

Byrds, the - (untitled)/Unissued

Dagar, Bahauddin - Rudra Bin

DeJohnette, Jack - Pictures

Ditmas, Bruce - What If

Focus - Moving Waves

Garland, Hank - Move! The Guitar Artistry of Hank Garland

Gateway - Gateway

Hammond, John - Country Blues

Harrell, Tom - Sail Away

Lloyd, Charles - The Water is Wide

Lloyd, Charles - Voice in the Night

McClure, Ron - McJolt

McClure, Ron - Tonight Only

Ponty, Jean-Luc - Enigmatic Ocean

Rava, Enrico - Happiness Is...

Van Eps, George - Mellow Guitar

Versace, Gary - Time and Again

West, Speedy - There's Gonna Be A Party

West, Speedy - Travellin' From Georga to West Samoa

Wheeler, Kenny - It Takes Two!

now I'd better chill the f*ck out...

Holy crap! But still, lots of good music in there! Should keep you happy for a long time.

One would hope so...

I just placed my first Mosaic order in two years....ordered the McCoy Tyner, Tony Williams and Art Pepper Selects. Can't wait to get these!

I'd like to get the McCoy Tyner & Tony Williams Selects, but I'm supposed to be chilling out. :rfr

Ok, I went completely overboard and picked up something called the Schoenberg Ensemble Edition -- 23 CDs and 4 DVDs of contemporary classical music by the Schoenberg Ensemble. Don't think there is a real source in the States yet. This was the cheapest source for me (still in the UK): MDT website

It will probably be something I listen to all the way through once, then will listen to selected CDs more frequently. I do hope I don't see it cheap a couple of years down the line though.

All things considered, that's not a bad price.

Curiously enough, I was checking out something about this set, and I find it has gone completely out of print (maybe only a few weeks ago). I suspect it is a rights issue (about 75% of the performances were taped for Dutch radio). So now I have a rarity. I'll hang onto it, but if it ever starts going for astronomical prices on eBay, I'll probably sell. Unlikely I know.

Ok, I went completely overboard and picked up something called the Schoenberg Ensemble Edition -- 23 CDs and 4 DVDs of contemporary classical music by the Schoenberg Ensemble. Don't think there is a real source in the States yet. This was the cheapest source for me (still in the UK): MDT website

It will probably be something I listen to all the way through once, then will listen to selected CDs more frequently. I do hope I don't see it cheap a couple of years down the line though.

Curiously enough, I was checking out something about this set, and I find it has gone completely out of print (maybe only a few weeks ago). I suspect it is a rights issue (about 75% of the performances were taped for Dutch radio). So now I have a rarity. I'll hang onto it, but if it ever starts going for astronomical prices on eBay, I'll probably sell. Unlikely I know.

sounds like an interesting investment.

sounds like an interesting investment.

I can't explain exactly what grabbed me so much about it, but after I read the review about the set, I thought hard for two days and then bought it. I've listened to about 1/3 of it so far. Only a few of the discs are devoted to Schoenberg.

The music is pretty good, if you like "contemporary classical" or whatever they call orchestral and string quartet music being written after 1950. (Actually I have to say that the BBC radio 3 seems light years ahead of anything in the US for sponsoring and playing loads of new compositions, and I tried to listen to most of these shows. And I see that the Chicago Symphony has a few world premiere pieces and I may go see those shows. So I guess I am doing my bit to support expanding the canon.)

I've been slowly putting myself onto a music budget (so no Hutcherson Select this month), though I did recently buy a copy of J.R. Monterose (the Conn version), and I am leaning towards getting a used copy of Here Comes Louis Smith. I think I will hold off on Smithville, as there seems to be a reasonable chance this will be rereleased by BN in 2007 or 2008.

Edited by ejp626

The music is pretty good, if you like "contemporary classical" or whatever they call orchestral and string quartet music being written after 1950. (Actually I have to say that the BBC radio 3 seems light years ahead of anything in the US for sponsoring and playing loads of new compositions, and I tried to listen to most of these shows. And I see that the Chicago Symphony has a few world premiere pieces and I may go see those shows. So I guess I am doing my bit to support expanding the canon.)

wkcr has some new music programing between 3-5 edst M-F, sometimes I tune in to check it out.

Charles Tolliver - Impact (Enja)

Tina Brooks - True Blue (used copy of the 1994 conn, maybe not the best idea to buy that now, but an easy way to get a non copy-protected copy at 5,99)

Grant Green - Talkin About (if you have a Wohlthat'sche Buchhandlung nearby it may be worth going there, as they have some of the Spanish TimeLife BlueNotes and of the 24Bit remastered Black Lion CDs at 2,99 each)

Well, I was on amazon.com to buy a road atlas of France, and I decided to have a little fun since I just got my 2006 year end bonus at work. Picked up a couple of OJCs I fear may not be around much longer:

Carmell Jones - Jay Hawk Talk

Harold Land - The Fox

Mal Waldron - The Quest

Art Pepper - Thursday at the Village Vanguard

With these, the new RVGs and my recent Mosaic order, I think its time to slow down.

I just picked up all 3 Sam Jones cd's on riverside figuring these might also go OOP

The Chant

The Soul Society

Down Home

These are great!!!, never hear much talk about these.

Haven't got any of those, but they're on my list. Do you have information or just a vague feeling?

MG

No info really just a feeling, you can get these on the concord site . But on Amazon the only

copy of The Chant goes for around $49.99.

Does anyone know for sure what Concord is going to keep in print and what titles they are going

to let go out of print ?

I just picked up all 3 Sam Jones cd's on riverside figuring these might also go OOP

The Chant

The Soul Society

Down Home

These are great!!!, never hear much talk about these.

Haven't got any of those, but they're on my list. Do you have information or just a vague feeling?

MG

No info really just a feeling, you can get these on the concord site . But on Amazon the only

copy of The Chant goes for around $49.99.

Does anyone know for sure what Concord is going to keep in print and what titles they are going

to let go out of print ?

Quite...

MG