What music did you buy today?

tonym

I'm having more money than I ever had... got a bonus and a one-off gratification at the place where I work part-time besides studying, and so I took another plunge in the Universal/OJC sale (sale means 9€ per disc, but this time they made me pay for one less than what I picked)

- Pres in D.C. Vols. 3-5 (missing Vol. 2)

- Wynton Kelly "Full View"

- Duke Latin "American Suite"

- Lee Konitz Duets

- Gil Evans & Ten

- The Hawk Relaxes (RVG)

- Poll Winners "Straight Ahead"

- Jackie Mac "Makin' the Changes" & "McLean's Scene"

- Lockjaw "Cookbook Vol. 1" (RVG)

- Bruceck "Jazz at Oberlin", "Octet" & "Stardust"

- Nat Adderley "Much Brass"

- Montgomery Brothers "Groove Brothers"

- Stitt/McDuff "Stitt Meets Brother Jack"

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally ordered the Miles Complete Stockholm (Dragon) 4 cd set today. Got it for a good price on half.com ($35). :)

FYI- Make sure that your set doesn't contain a duplicate of one of the discs (I believe #2) and missing one all together (#3?). Even though they may be labeled correctly be sure to check them out right away. There have been issues with some sets including my copy. :(

Finally ordered the Miles Complete Stockholm (Dragon) 4 cd set today. Got it for a good price on half.com ($35). :)

FYI- Make sure that your set doesn't contain a duplicate of one of the discs (I believe #2) and missing one all together (#3?). Even though they may be labeled correctly be sure to check them out right away. There have been issues with some sets including my copy. :(

Thanks for that heads-up Tom. I'll definitely check it out quickly when it arrives.

-Erik

I picked up Shirley Scott's For Members Only/Great Scott for a fair price, as well as Willie Bobo's Spanish Grease/Uno Dos Tres (love that cover) and East Coast West Coast Scene with Shorty Rogers and Al Cohn (playing separately). I really wanted to get Sweets by Sweets Edison, but the price wasn't right, so I will order it a bit later.

- Gil Evans & Ten

So you say you didn't get the hybrid SACD? The OJC sounds a lot inferior!

OJC, yes. No SACD on display in any of the stores here, usually... I never bothered about SACD and I think it's safer to keep it that way for now... (same with the whole japanese reissue material... I don't even dare think of it!)

Thanks for that heads-up Tom. I'll definitely check it out quickly when it arrives.

-Erik

Arrived safe and sound, with all discs, and the right music on them. :tup

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #2 and Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini -- Arthur Rubinstein, CSO, Reiner (mostly for the Rhapsody, which I picked up the other day on an old LP for 50 cents, an amazing performance, so I sprang for the CD).

Edited by Larry Kart