How's the weather?

Like bleedin' November yesterday. Rained all day and was bloody cold!

No warmer today, but the rain left off a couple of hours ago - for a while.

MG

Sounds like my kind of weather. I'm sick of the heat!

I'm right there with you.

Trade with you, MG.

Hot, smoky and smoggy today.

Well as a result of our hot, muggy morning we now have these huge thunderstorms, which have consequently blocked my satellite signal, which means I can no longer watch Wimbledon :angry::angry::angry:

Well, time to play some tunes :cool:

Screw the Dish.

Go Broadband/Cable.

More rain. I thought it wasn't so cold yesterday evening as the day before then, when I was going to bed, I noticed that my wife had turned the central heating on!

Still, the water bill will be lower this year, to compensate for the higher heating bill.

MG

I think you must be hogging all the rain in the west, MG. We're getting the glowering clouds and lots of wind but very little rain. My larger pond is well down. We had a good drenching around Whit week, a pathetic bit of drizzle last week and a reasonable splashing last Thursday (but not enough to fill the pond back up), but that's it!

I'm thinking of organising a school trip to Worksop - that always guarantees rain!

Well as a result of our hot, muggy morning we now have these huge thunderstorms, which have consequently blocked my satellite signal, which means I can no longer watch Wimbledon :angry::angry::angry:

Well, time to play some tunes :cool:

Screw the Dish.

Go Broadband/Cable.

Yeah, I'm tired of the disruptions everytime there's a storm.

Fantastic weather today. Clear skies, calm, early 20s C. Ideal really - the rain will be heading in tomorrow night (coming your way first MG..)

Dry today, with occasional sun poking through. In the cafe in Ton today, they were saying tomorrow will be dry here, Wednesday & Thursday wet.

We'll see.

MG

Pretty nice for a change; its in the 60's tonight!

Glad to hear that, Ghost. I was getting worried about you sweltering away in that oppressive NE Ohio weather*. ;)

July is the usually the wettest month here (I moved here last July and Oh.My.God.). The summer steambath is the payment for a really pleasant winter. And I'm still waiting for my first hurricane event (no hurry there, though). It's "ironical" that I, one who hates humidity so, have ended up in arguably the most humid place in the country. What a funny joke fate has played on me. :rhappy:

I was in Iowa a couple weeks ago, near but not in the flooding. That week there was an ass-kicking thunderstorm about every night.

Our friend Miles251 teaches at the U. of Iowa and their music building (and other buildings on campus) had some fairly serious flooding and won't be re-opening until the first of the year, so they are in the process of finding temporary locations for classes/ensembles to meet. Cedar Rapids got its ass kicked.

Saturday I'm going to Sacramento, where I hear the wildfires are creating air quality concerns.

Never a dull moment these days!

*(I lived in Monroe Falls, near Kent for a couple years....have to say I really enjoyed the NE Ohio weather overall, in spite of a few hot/cold spikes)

Edited by Free For All

Glad to hear that, Ghost. I was getting worried about you sweltering away in that oppressive NE Ohio weather*. ;)

Thanks! This has been a weird summer so far. One week its near 100 degrees, then the next week its in the low 60's. I really do like the other seasons here, but the summers here are just nuts.

Thanks! This has been a weird summer so far. One week its near 100 degrees, then the next week its in the low 60's. I really do like the other seasons here, but the summers here are just nuts.

Crazy summer weather for sure.

I was in Hudson a couple of Sundays ago and we got hit with some serious rain driving in.

The next day was clear so I decided to take the opportunity to put up a new mailbox for my parents. Just as I stood up the post and poured in the concrete, it started to rain extremely hard for maybe an hour. The rest of the evening was beautiful though and the mailbox stayed standing. :tup

Temperatures soar to record high

Press Assoc. - 1 hour 16 minutes agoTemperatures rose to 27.8C (82F) today - the hottest day of the year so far, Met Office weather forecasters said.

(Advertisement)

London and other parts of south east England, Cambridgeshire, East Anglia and the Midlands have seen the highest temperatures, while Northern Ireland and western parts of Scotland have missed out on the sunshine.

A Met Office spokesman said: "I think it's squeaked it as the hottest day of the year, although we can't validate it yet.

"It may even have risen a couple of points higher than the 27.8C recorded at the London Weather Centre."

But the heat does not appear to have sent Britons flocking to the coast, according to motoring organisation the RAC.

"The roads have been comparatively quiet," said an RAC spokesman. "People are really thinking about whether their journeys are necessary and trying to economise on fuel while prices are so high."

The good weather is not expected to last until tomorrow, with thunderstorms forecast for this evening.

John Hutchinson, a forecaster at MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said: "There is a risk of some thunderstorms in the South East and up into East Anglia this evening. It's uncertain how many are going to form but when they do there will be torrential downpours."

The rest of the week is expected to see further showers, with a number of tennis matches at Wimbledon likely to be rained off.

"There's certainly going to be rain tomorrow across London and disruption of Wimbledon is highly likely," said the Met Office spokesman.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080701...gh-6323e80.html

MG