How's the weather?

Bright morning, but it won't last. Black clouds gathering to the SW.

MG

According to the news UK and most of Europe is having a 'mini monsoon' this Summer so that's the rest of the season written off I guess. Some very heavy rain yesterday (I need to de-clog my gutters).

Anyone see that video of the washing being sucked into a tornado up in Lancashire? Crazy ! :crazy:

Eeee bah gum me washing's sucked up....

Edited by sidewinder

MG

According to the news UK and most of Europe is having a 'mini monsoon' this Summer so....

Exaclty! Here in Athens we have 39 degrees Celcius and sun 100% of the day.... Luckily Ornette Coleman will play in a closed air-conditiond theatre in Athens on Friday the 11th...

Best

Alex

MG

According to the news UK and most of Europe is having a 'mini monsoon' this Summer so that's the rest of the season written off I guess. Some very heavy rain yesterday (I need to de-clog my gutters).

Raining well now. Hardly monsoon weather, 'cos it's bloody cold here :(

Anyone see that video of the washing being sucked into a tornado up in Lancashire? Crazy ! :crazy:

Eeee bah gum me washing's sucked up....

Very dramatic. Can imagine a Gracie Fields song about that. Or George Formby - "Ladies' nighties, I have spied, I've often seen what goes inside..."

MG

I'm in Sacramento for the week. Supposed to be 110 tomorrow. WTF? I left Florida for this??

Welcome to the legendary heat of the Central Valley.

It won't be near as muggy, though. :g

BTW, drink tons of H2O.....this type of heat will wick away water from your body so fast you'll be dehydrated before you even know what hit you. Trust me on this.

76°F

Humidity: 75%

Partly cloudy with afternoon thunderstorms. A few storms

may be severe. High 84F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.

Chance of rain 50%.

81°F

Humidity: 87%

Partly cloudy with afternoon thunderstorms. High 86F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph.

Chance of rain 50%.

....we're almost the same!

BTW, drink tons of H2O.....this type of heat will wick away water from your body so fast you'll be dehydrated before you even know what hit you. Trust me on this.

You're not kidding! I've been drinking water like crazy this week.

Yeah, I carry a water bottle around about the size of a small kid. Its been an obnoxious week here so far, with screaming heat and humidity. Its been raining like clockwork every afternoon and through the next morning, which does nothing to alleviate the heat.

More rain today. Don't think I'll water the garden.

MG

If it carries on this rate we'll get floods again !

Indeed. The area abot thirty miles north of here usually gets about ten feet a year. Dread to think what it'll be like this year.

Rained all day yesterday until 10pm. Didn't start again until I went out for a ciggie this morning!

MG

More rain today. Don't think I'll water the garden.

MG

If it carries on this rate we'll get floods again !

Indeed. The area abot thirty miles north of here usually gets about ten feet a year.

MG

Thats the sea I think! :excited:

It was running out of my shoes on my bike ride home last night...bit squelchy all round :wacko: