What's the worst song of all time?

Aggie87

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Donovan, no "Season of the Witch" (Do people still remember SUPER SESSIONS?)

I do. I have that record.

"Sweet Caroline" has to be up there. Just because stupid drunk people (mainly dumb college girls) always sing along to it on the jukebox. Very annoying.

I can't believe there isn't any Seger on that list. "Katmandu" anyone? Man, that song not only sucks, it goes on FOREVER.

How about "Afternoon Delight" by the Starland Vocal Band?

"Sweet Caroline" has to be up there.  Just because stupid drunk people (mainly dumb college girls) always sing along to it on the jukebox.  Very annoying.

Actually, just about anything by Neil Diamond would fit nicely here. :tdown

It's funny- when you're young and/or single, "stupid drunk chicks" are what you seek. Once you're attached, they just get on your nerves. <_<

You won't believe this, but the Starland Vocal Band is in the jazz section of used vinyl at All Books & Records, in Fort Lauderdale.

I've never bothered to ask why .... :blink::wacko:

That one falls into the special category of "too disgusting to even mention". Five minute major penalty... :angry:

I disagree. The tune has wonderful, soaring harmonies, and whoever came up with the idea of that pedal-steel thingie after "Skyrockets in flight" .... in the words of Kenny Banya, "that's gold!"

;)

And anyway, at least they had a nice, clean way of describing the deed. I mean, imagine if that tune got written by a rap artist today:

My bitch be horny in the afternoon

So I slipped her some meat

cause my shlong can't be beat

In the afternoon

Word!

:g

"Sweet Caroline" has to be up there.  Just because stupid drunk people (mainly dumb college girls) always sing along to it on the jukebox.   Very annoying.

Actually, just about anything by Neil Diamond would fit nicely here. :tdown

It's funny- when you're young and/or single, "stupid drunk chicks" are what you seek. Once you're attached, they just get on your nerves. <_<

On the first point, I would disagree. Diamond's earliest hits on Bang are actually pretty good, imo. It's when he moved over to Uni that things started getting alarmingly dicey, and by the time he hit Columbia, the barfacious bullshittery was all that was going on. Too bad, because when something like "Thank The Lord For The Nighttime" comes on the radio, I rather enjoy it.

On your second point, hower, I couldn't agree more, although "stupid" women are something I've always avoided. Cost me a lot of play, I suppose, but that's the price you gotta pay to be free...

Speaking of Neil Diamond, anyone see the SNL episode with the takeoff on those A&E shows? John Goodman was in the band; and Diamond is portrayed as a raving lunatic-he intro's "America" as a song written about his deep hatred for immigrants. Very funny.

That one falls into the special category of "too disgusting to even mention". Five minute major penalty... :angry:

No kidding!!! Was it the summer of 1976? It played constantly while I was waitressing at this restaurant in Madison (Chuck Nessa may remember -- Ella's) and is irrevocably linked to filling up a million little paper cups of cole slaw and stacking them on trays. "Workin' up a appetite" indeed! Blech!

My ex wife hated jazz and loved Neal Diamond's "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" just one of the reasons we divorced. My sister was a big fan of Donovan which meant of course I couldn't stand him but on further review some of the tunes like "First There is a Mountain" and "Catch The Wind" grew on me .Some of Donovan's stuff is admittedly silly but some isn't.

Duran Duran was/is actually a good band.  But in the early 80s their image ruined their rep.  God's honest truth...

You got that right. Now that I'm older, I think John Taylor's bass playing is waaaaaaaay UNDerrated. White boys don't get much funkier, IMHO. Course, I'da NEVER said that when I was in 8th grade!

(edited cuz I don't know what the hell I'm doing)

Edited by Big Al

I can't believe there isn't any Seger on that list. "Katmandu" anyone? Man, that song not only sucks, it goes on FOREVER.

WHAT??!?!? Yer from Michigan and you don't like Springs...... I mean, Seger?!!??

Just kidding, of course.

I have a cool Donovan song called "Get Thy Bearings."

And the first edition of King Crimson did an absolutely ripping version of this same Donovan tune that is full of some great sax and guitar solos. So as silly as Donovan himself was, he contributed at least 2 great tunes to better musicians, including Mountain Jam and Get Thy Bearings

I can't believe there isn't any Seger on that list.  "Katmandu" anyone?  Man, that song not only sucks, it goes on FOREVER.

WHAT??!?!? Yer from Michigan and you don't like Springs...... I mean, Seger?!!??

Just kidding, of course.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of The Nuge or Grand Funk Railroad either. Go figure.

I can't believe there isn't any Seger on that list.  "Katmandu" anyone?  Man, that song not only sucks, it goes on FOREVER.

Just kidding, of course.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of The Nuge or Grand Funk Railroad either. Go figure.

That just means you have some taste! :D