All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

and as good as it gets !
  3. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

I saw multiple listend of you and became curious. Did not heard it yet. I will keep it in the back of my mind.
  4. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

Listening to my Speaker Corner lp for ultimate effect !!! Also on my 4 cd complete Chandos-box.
  5. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

Try Semyon Bychkov + Berliner Philharmoniker as alternative ....
  6. On Friday I traveled to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the Fifteenth annual Globalquerque. This diverse World Music festival has three stages and ten acts per night at the National Hispanic Cultural Center. On Friday night, I heard: Nohe y Sus Santos: A mixture of Latin Pop and Cumbias, featuring Honduran vocalist Nohelia Sosa. Not my usual fare, but a fine group. Mdou Moctar: Niger's guitarist extraordinaire presents shattering Saharan Desert blues. Natu Camara: Vocalist from Guinea is not bad. Finally for the evening, the wondrous Garifuna Collective from Belize present the music of the Garifuna people. And a new CD! On Saturday night: Sahba Motallebi: A revelatory concert for me, as the Iranian tar virtuoso presents Persian classical music with percussion accompaniment on tonbak. With music of some similarity to Indian classical music, including improvisation, she was utterly masterful. Finally, closing out with Vivalda Dula, from Angola, and the sound of East Africa. This was another welcome discovery. An amazing vocalist and performer.
  7. Today
  8. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

No, i tried Haitink's eight but i needed the real story behind the music.
  9. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

Not a bad choice at all 😎 ....
  10. September 27, 2019: Jackie Venson, Lewisville Western Days E.J. Mathews, Six Springs, Richardson September 28, 2019: Bnois King, Babb Bros., Dallas October 3, 2019: John Scofield, Duet, Tulsa Maria Scheider/One O'Clock Lab Band, Winspear, Denton October 4, 2019: John Scofield, Wortham, Houston October 12, 2019: Magos Herrera and Brooklyn Rider, Wortham, Houston Freddie Cole, Walton Arts Center, Fayetteville, Arkansas October 17, 2019: Eddie Palmieri, One World Theater, Austin October 18, 2019: Eddie Palmieri, Dosey Doe, Houston October 19, 2019: Jenny Scheinman and Allison Miller, Duet, Tulsa Eddie Palmieri, Arlington Music Hal October 25, 2019: Joey DeFrancesco, Arlington Music Hall October 26, 2019: Joey DeFrancesco, Dosey Doe, Houston November 2, 2019: Dr. L Subramaniam, Austin James Carter, James Francies, Wortham, Houston Sanskriti Wahane (Sitar), Prakrati Wahane (Santoor) and Mukta Raste (Tabla), Allen Public Library November 15, 2019: Miguel Zenon, Duet, Tulsa Jason Marsalis, Walton Arts Center, Fayetteville, Arkansas November 22, 2019: Kara Grainger, Six Springs, Richardson November 26, 2019: Gary Smulyan/One O'Clock Lab Band, Winspear, Denton December 14, 2019: Mike Stern/Jeff Lorber Fusion, Dosey Doe, Houston December 15, 2019: Mike Stern/Jeff Lorber Fusion, One World Theater, Austin January 10, 2020: Stanley Clarke, One World Theater, Austin January 17, 2020: Andrew Cyrille Quartet, McCullogh Theatre, Austin January 17-18, 2020, Winter Jazzfest Marathon, New York January 25, 2020: Branford Marsalis, Wortham, Houston January 31, 2020: Fred Hersch Trio, Walton Arts Center, Fayetteville, Arkansas February 29, 2020: Vijay Iyer Sextet, Wortham, Houston March 6, 2020: Lila Downs, Jones Center, Houston Marc Ribot, Chaplin's The Kid, McCullough Theatre, Austin March 20, 2020: Messenger Legacy Band (Bobby Watson (alto sax), Essiet Essiet (bass), Geoff Keezer (piano), Brian Lynch (trumpet), Bill Pierce (tenor sax) and Ralph Peterson (drums)), Walton Arts Center, Fayetteville, Arkansas March 21, 2020: Dafnis Prieto Big Band, Wortham, Houston March 26-29, 2020, Big Ears Festival, Knoxville, Tennessee April 3, 2020: Fred Hersch Trio, University of Texas at Dallas April 17, 2020: Miquel Zenon, Wortham, Houston April 18, 2020: Dave Douglas with the Texas Jazz Orchestra, Bates Recital Hall, Austin April 23-26, 2020: New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival April 30-May 3, 2020: New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival May 2, 2020: Christian Sands, Carver Center, San Antonio
  11. Rugby World Cup

Very easy for Ireland. Its forward pack easily took advantage in most of the plays.
  12. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

You're welcome .... I believe it is 11 receiving accolades recurringly ....
  13. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Cd 7 Fragments Pour Artoud * Variations Pour Les Cordes Du Piano
  14. SFJAZZ - Broken Shadows w/ Tim Berne, Chris Speed, Dave King, Reid Anderson. It's their Ornette (and related musicians) tribute. This is the second time I've seen them. Recommended!
  15. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

Recurringly used picture ....
  16. Always a BIG fan of George: especially "Amsterdam After Dark" and the first "Eastern Rebellion" album. As mentioned already, he was really kicking it in gear then.
  17. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

Thank you, i will consider them. I once seen a list were especially one symphony stood out on. Can't find the list anymore. mwehhhh... i guess Haitink is best in slower symphonies.
  18. Rugby World Cup

Good win for England, as expected. Very good win by Ireland. A good weekend for me
  19. Patsy Cline

Fun fact: Willie's original title for "Crazy" was "Stupid."
  20. George Coleman

I just remember being blown away by his incredible fast technique and circular breathing. Billy Higgins obviously liked it because he was grinning ear to ear. That group with Hilton Ruiz I recall having Herbie Lewis on bass (in dungarees) - around the time ‘Amsterdam After Dark’ was recorded. In fact, they played much of that album.
  21. Patsy Cline

No "Crazy" because it's a collection of very early work from a different label. Patsy meets Irving Berlin.
  1. Load more activity