The easy way to support the organissimo forums...

Jim Alfredson

Which do you like better?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't say that I like the Buy CDs from CDUniverse: thingy stretched across the top -- W A Y too big!. Nor do I think you should pollute the bands logo strip at the top / corner.

Why not a small thingy, maybe with a bit of band or organ related animation? Nothing elaborate. Maybe a couw designed eye-catcher?

If given the chance to vote again, I would vote for this.

Or, maybe we could just click on the mullet.

CDU has a couple small banners already that aren't so disrupting. Such as:

468x60_music01.gif

468x60_music02.gif

234x60_music01.gif

125x125_music01.gif

120x60_music01.gif

88x31_music01.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer keeping the search function instead of just a clickable banner.

Like the one they have on Audio Asylum (looks like they designed it themselves):

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hirez/bbs.html

<!--CDUniverse-->

<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align=center>

<tr>

<td>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#0027A8">

<tr>

<form action="http://www.cduniverse.com/sresult.asp" method="GET" id=form2 name=form2 target="_blank">

<td width="150" align="center" valign="middle">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="140" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td>

<a href="http://www.cduniverse.com/default.asp?style=music&frm=lk_AACDuni"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="-1" color="white"><b>CD Universe</b></font></a><br>

<input type="hidden" name="frm" value=lk_AACDuni>

<select name="HT_Search" size=1>

<option selected value="Artist">Artist</option>

<option value="Title">Title</option>

<option value="Song">Song</option>

<option value="SoundTrack">Soundtrack</option>

<option value="Label">Label</option></select>

<input type="text" name="HT_Search_Info" size=12>

<input type="image" name="GO" alt="GO" src="http://images.AudioAsylum.com/images/go.gif" align="absmiddle" border=0 width=22 height=22 value="Go Find It!">

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</form>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</tr></td>

<tr><td>

Ok, this is what I've done...

All default skin sets have the CDU search bar up top, to the right of the the organissimo forum logo. To get the search bar back into the white space beneath the member bar (like it was before), use the alternate skins under each color.

For instance, Org 2.1.3 Blue places the search bar in the logo strip, to the right of the organissimo logo. Org 2.1.3 Blue alt places it in the white space. It is the same for every color skin.

Enjoy!

Ok, this is what I've done...

All default skin sets have the CDU search bar up top, to the right of the the organissimo forum logo. To get the search bar back into the white space beneath the member bar (like it was before), use the alternate skins under each color.

For instance, Org 2.1.3 Blue places the search bar in the logo strip, to the right of the organissimo logo. Org 2.1.3 Blue alt places it in the white space. It is the same for every color skin.

Enjoy!

it's almost unnoticeable now. If I'm going to use it (and I will for the next disc I buy), I'm going to have move it back to where it was, or else I'll forget about it.

Folks should also remember the MOVIES tab at CD Universe, which leads to Video Universe, a good place to buy DVDs.

And for all of you freaks, there is the Adult Video Universe as well.

ice-banner1.jpgice-banner2.jpg

Get ur bow chicka bow bow on. ;)

Whoa...if someone has a link to Salty Snackfood Universe, we're set! :excited:

Would it be possible to modify the CD Universe search button so that the CD Universe page opens in another tab (or for the IE users, in another window)?

Just wanted to second this request. It'd be nice if the "search" button resulted in a new window opening up. (Certain not absolutely necessary, but nice.)

And much to my great suprise, when you hit <cr> after typing in the search key (artist name, for instance), the <cr> triggers a new window to open with the search results.

:tup:tup:tup

I just noticed they are selling the Root Doctor cd for less than the organissimo. What the heck???

No comments from the peanut gallery pls. ;)

IMPORTANT: I need a suggestion or referral for a web expert/programmer. I've had some requests to also do the Amazon affiliate program (which I've already signed up for, but most people wanted CDUniverse) and I just found out that yourmusic.com has a similair program.

What I would like to do is have another clickable menu in the search bar above that will let you choose between CD Universe, Amazon, and yourmusic... so people can search all three from the same bar. Does anyone know someone who can help me do this? It's a bit beyond my programming skillz.

Thanks!

IMPORTANT: I need a suggestion or referral for a web expert/programmer. I've had some requests to also do the Amazon affiliate program (which I've already signed up for, but most people wanted CDUniverse) and I just found out that yourmusic.com has a similair program.

What I would like to do is have another clickable menu in the search bar above that will let you choose between CD Universe, Amazon, and yourmusic... so people can search all three from the same bar. Does anyone know someone who can help me do this? It's a bit beyond my programming skillz.

Thanks!

No computer skills here, but would it be possible to include cdconnection.com as well? Their prices and shipping rates are also very attractive, and their customer service is OK.