Happy 5th Birthday, Organissimo Forums!

jmjk

If memory serves, it was about 5 years ago this month when Jim Alfredson decided to host a replacement for the old BNBB, and another alternative to AAJ and the Jazz Corner.

I don't find myself posting here very much these days, but I'm sure happy this board is still around. Thanks, Jim.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves, it was about 5 years ago this month when Jim Alfredson decided to host a replacement for the old BNBB, and another alternative to AAJ and the Jazz Corner.

I don't find myself posting here very much these days, but I'm sure happy this board is still around. Thanks, Jim.

Long time, no see, man. Looking at our member numbers, it looks like we both joined up almost at the same time ... and I know I was a little late to the party, so we're definitely past the actual b-day.

:party:

I was a few steps ahead in the line that day, thanks Jim....

Edited by Clunky

Happy birthday Organissimo!

For all the BNBB complaining, reminiscing, etc - the Big O board has been around much longer for most of us. :tup

--------------

btw - The people who make up the ridiculous anniversary gift lists say that 5 years means wood.

So according to the experts, we should be giving Jim one of the following:

Top 6 Traditional Fifth Year Anniversary Gifts - Wood

1. Bonsai Plant

2. Pine Scented Candle

3. Wood Furniture

4. Wood Carvings

5. Firewood

6. Woody Fragrances

Is it possible to list members by the date they signed up? Might be interesting to see how the migration accelerated from day to day over those first couple of weeks.

Click on the members tab at top right and under the second search field, sort by join date

Is it possible to list members by the date they signed up? Might be interesting to see how the migration accelerated from day to day over those first couple of weeks.

Click on the members tab at top right and under the second search field, sort by join date

thanks.

I see Jim Dye was number four ... still wondering what happened to him. :unsure:

25 joined up on that blessed day of March 6 - maybe they should all get gold stars?

42 a day later ...

28 on the eighth ...

24 the day after

18 after that

6 on the 11th

a jump to 15 on the 13th though - perhaps a mass exodus from AAJ when most people were still sampling both sites?

Mostly six or fewer the rest of the way

and the migration to the sacred 'O' was complete - mostly. :g

No one told me about this place until March 14, so I'll wait a few days to celebrate... :g

Seriously: even though I'm one who still is sad about some of the recent uproars and people who quit after that, this is still my favourite (and actually the only) place to discuss jazz and other things... and right in time I first heard randissimo's old man play that great tenor solo on Herman's "Blues Groove" - way to go! :tup

Let's see...

Made friendships with people I would never have met otherwise

Learned about music (and ways of thinking about and listening to music) I might not have encountered on my own

Traveled to and played gigs in Philadelphia and Tel Aviv as a direct result of the efforts of board members

Had a friendly face to meet us at just about every stop on the east coast we played a couple of years ago, as well as in the midwest

And not least, met my girlfriend here

And I'm probably forgetting other good stuff.

Yeah, I dig the forum. :party:

Edited by Joe G