Happy 5th Birthday, Organissimo Forums!

jmjk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday Organissimo!

For all the BNBB complaining, reminiscing, etc - the Big O board has been around much longer for most of us. :tup

--------------

btw - The people who make up the ridiculous anniversary gift lists say that 5 years means wood.

So according to the experts, we should be giving Jim one of the following:

Top 6 Traditional Fifth Year Anniversary Gifts - Wood

1. Bonsai Plant

2. Pine Scented Candle

3. Wood Furniture

4. Wood Carvings

5. Firewood

6. Woody Fragrances

Or a new set of beautifully turned B3 legs.

MG

Yes, these will do, if anyone is so inclined.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Valhalla-B3-leg-unit-f...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a leg set for my XK System that makes it look like a traditional B3! :)

I dragged my wife along to Bristol (actually, since I can't drive...) to see McGriff & Hank Crawford. First time she'd seen a B3. And she was totally WOWWWWED by the legs.

She doesn't like music much.

MG

I dragged my wife along to Bristol (actually, since I can't drive...) to see McGriff & Hank Crawford. First time she'd seen a B3. And she was totally WOWWWWED by the legs.

She doesn't like music much.

MG

Interesting. I just finished listening to The Best of Hank Crawford and Jimmy McGriff. Fond memories of seeing them, including here in a small club (Monterey) with Clint Eastwood and Diana Krall in the audience.

Seriously: even though I'm one who still is sad about some of the recent uproars and people who quit after that...

They'll be back. They always come back. This place is the Hotel California.

I wish Deep (Danny D'Imperio) could come back.. Sure miss his stories and ascerbic and sometimes outrageous wit..:rolleyes:

Edited by randissimo

Seriously: even though I'm one who still is sad about some of the recent uproars and people who quit after that...

I wish Deep (Danny D'Imperio) could come back.. Sure miss his stories and ascerbic and sometimes outrageous wit..:rolleyes:

Be careful what you wish for.

Truth is I don't think Deep could behave himself if he was given a 2nd chance.. The boy likes his beverages..

Guest Bill Barton

Truth is I don't think Deep could behave himself if he was given a 2nd chance.. The boy likes his beverages..

:rolleyes:

Not to mention the Peruvian marching dust... :w

:party: Happy Birthday Organissimo! :party:

Truly one of the best on line communities around. Thanks to "B3er" for continuing the legacy of the Blue Note Bulletin board and IMPROVING upon it. As both an active particpant and a lurker, I'm amazed at and grateful for the wealth of jazz knowledge, general information, and experiences that have enriched my life - both musically and otherwise.

Its nice when a momentous occasion - or a pseudo-momentous occasion - brings old friends out of the woodwork. Hope life is treating you well, Ed. :tup

What a long, strange trip it's been. All in all, life's pretty good - hopefully with better days ahead. Thanks :cool: