Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Late

Jimmy Giuffre 3: Live

10 posts in this topic

Just saw that these individual hat titles are seeing reissue as a double-disc set on hatOLOGY. For those who don't already have this music, these concerts are a must-hear. If you like the 1961 set on ECM, you will love these sides.

R-2304948-1458228664-3601.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Late
Oatmeal

This is a wonderful album (I have the older separates). Highly recommended! :tup

Edited by J.A.W.

Amazing news!

I own most of Giuffre's albums and thought I would never get those two OOP hatART CDs. They rarely show up on Ebay and sell for $30 and more.

Edited by Claude

Thanks for the info! I only had Flight - Bremen. I've been kicking myself for years for not picking up Emphasis. I love Giuffre's music, this is great stuff.

:rsmile:

Sweet, sweet news! I remember being inexorably bummed when Joe Milazzo informed me that these titles had indeed gone OOP... saw 'em years ago when I was just getting into Giuffre, didn't bite, and have been kicking myself remorsefully ever since. Are these already out, Late, or do you have a street date?

Sweet, sweet news! I remember being inexorably bummed when Joe Milazzo informed me that these titles had indeed gone OOP... saw 'em years ago when I was just getting into Giuffre, didn't bite, and have been kicking myself remorsefully ever since. Are these already out, Late, or do you have a street date?

It's on HatHut's "Pending upcoming releases" list for October 2003 - January 2004.

I got one but not the other. Definitely going to be getting this!

I have Bremen, but only a CD-R of Stuttgart. Looks like I will be upgrading when this one hits the street. Excellent music as is just about everything else released by this group from that time.

I dig the new cover design but I will miss the old ones. They were neat!

I hope some day the Tübingen concert, from the 1961 European tour, will be cleaned up and released. I believe it's the only recording, of presumably four total, from this tour — the others being Bremen, Stuttgart, and Graz — that has not seen a digital release.

The Jazz Discography Project lists eight titles from this performance, if "western Europe" is indeed the Tübingen set. Unique Jazz released a boot on vinyl. Here it is. The music is great; a fair amount different than the performances from the other cities.