Happy Birthday king ubu!!!

Thank you, GA, Jeff and John!

And thanks to kinuta - I enjoy your postings in the film corner a lot, keep them going!

Thank you brownie, too! Thanks for your friendship and all the great music I got from you!

Indeed lots of music this year... will get the Arild Andersen ECM set, the Duke Ellington Mosaic set (which might take another few weeks to arrive - I only got a shipping notification for my own march discount order yesterday... not sure if the new distributor is just very lame or if they were flooded with orders during that sale... I made my payment a few days late, but it's still quite a delay between payment and shipment!)

I have further reason to believe that I'll get the Satchmo in Scandinavia Storyville set as well...

And finally, I got a deal for my duplicate Shank/Cooper set and will hence get the Lester Young Mosaic box also!

Yowzah! :party: :party: :party:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! :excited:

Got some new music as I mentioned before... the Mosaic package wasn't here yet, but I'll sure enough will take it later on as well!

Played some recent acquisitions this afternoon, some vinyl - to be exact: Edward Vesala's "Nan Madol" and "Heavy Life", as well as Bengt Berger's terrific "Bitter Funeral Beer".

No films today, but I got a film noir box with several classics I've not yet seen - this one here to be exact:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Film-Noir-Collection-DVD/dp/B000UWXM1C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1271626500&sr=1-1

It contains: The Killers, Double Indemnity, The Big Steal, Crossfire, Out of the Past, The Blue Dahlia, The Glass Key, This Gun For Hire, and Farewell My Lovely.

Of which I think I only know "Double Indemnity" and "Out of the Past", but I'll love to revisit both of these!

And I just learned - from a mail I got to congratulate me - that there'll be another Godard retrospective here in May! Yowzah! I just caught "Une femme est une femme" again on Friday and was all enthusiastic and hoping to get a chance to see some Godard again soon, and there it is!

Happy Birthday Flurin

I am so gratefull to you for filling the last gap in my Sonny Clark collection.

Vic

You're welcome! You helped me out with some good stuff, too! :)

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, und viel Erfolg beim Ausbau der besten Jazz-CD-Sammlung der Schweiz! :tup:party:

Wohl noch nicht ganz... aber auf dem Weg dahin :crazy:

Danke!

And thanks to everyone else!

I don't spend so much time here lately, but I still appreciate it a lot being part of this community here! :)

Edited by king ubu

Thanks everyone! :excited:

Got some new music as I mentioned before... the Mosaic package wasn't here yet, but I'll sure enough will take it later on as well!

Played some recent acquisitions this afternoon, some vinyl - to be exact: Edward Vesala's "Nan Madol" and "Heavy Life", as well as Bengt Berger's terrific "Bitter Funeral Beer".

No films today, but I got a film noir box with several classics I've not yet seen - this one here to be exact:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Film-Noir-Collection-DVD/dp/B000UWXM1C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1271626500&sr=1-1

It contains: The Killers, Double Indemnity, The Big Steal, Crossfire, Out of the Past, The Blue Dahlia, The Glass Key, This Gun For Hire, and Farewell My Lovely.

Of which I think I only know "Double Indemnity" and "Out of the Past", but I'll love to revisit both of these!

I like the look of the box, but The Big Steal is colorized?? Ouch! The only one of that lineup that's seriously inferior is The Blue Dahlia but it's worth seeing once, and as they say, your mileage may vary.

I don't spend so much time here lately, but I still appreciate it a lot being part of this community here! :)

You are the King!!!