Show yer face to us!!!!!!

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the story behind that photo?

this was at a temple outside of Tokyo. felt kind of funny embibing my locks with incense that is to keep evil spirits at bay (and this was the only ritualistic thing i did). i'm sure all those others that were a foot shorter believed it worked after i left the scene. ;)

Was that the temple at Asakusa? Asakusa is a district in Tokyo with a shrine and a giant market surrounding it. Always crowded. I went sightseeing there many years ago and my guide told me to breathe the smoke and enter the temple, throw some money, and pray for something. Didn't work. The next day my watch broke and my boss delayed my return home for over two weeks. :(

Here's me, second from the right, about 7 or 8 years ago, with my husbands (:P) (nah, bandmates -- gotta keep that stuff outta the workplace):

For 121, not bad at all!

:w Kidding, kidding!!!! What Big Al And Jazz said! :)

Now, about the glowing globe, what's up with that??? I can tell the guy on the left side of the photo is near a naked bulb, but what are you by?

That was an odd table lamp -- just a flat base with socket for bulb and huge globe shade (the kind that usually hangs from a school cafeteria ceiling). This was backstage at a gig in Maryland, near Silver Spring, where the indie-label-head/promoter lives -- he had brought a photographer and we were goofing around with the objects at hand.

And since I have to be fair, here is the other one that I live for, my son Galen... this was taken late last summer camping in Denali park after soccer season was over. Note that he is camping at the feet of Denali in one of the most beautiful places in the world and he is attached to his gameboy.

Note also the fantastic Alaska summertime t-shirt tan. Like father like son, I guess...

I'd like to know what fountain-o'-youth products Deus is in the habit of using.

Good question. Let's see:

1) Tequila Sunrise(s)

2) Lucky Strike(s)

3) 2 drumming sessions per day, if time allows

4) lots of young blood around me

Keeps everything well-insulated and oiled.

:g:g:g

Cheers!

Edited by deus62