Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chuck Nessa

Last Chance at buying the Nessa home

27 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, charlesp said:

Beautiful garden.

As you must know, this is Ann's work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do/Did you cut your own grass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did and do. All I can afford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe. But I also heard you slip Roscoe a twenty from time to time to sort out your gutters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

Maybe. But I also heard you slip Roscoe a twenty from time to time to sort out your gutters. 

But if you look closely you will see we have no gutters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would make it easier for Roscoe....  Nice house, Chuck. Hope you get a good price for it!

 

 

gregmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 5:47 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

But if you look closely you will see we have no gutters.

are you serious? i thought gutters were a must with basements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GregK said:

are you serious? i thought gutters were a must with basements

Not where it snows. They're just support structures for ice dams. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you didn't find any Nessa pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 10:42 AM, jlhoots said:

I guess you didn't find any Nessa pens.

Looking for an appropriate package for mail.

NOW THIS:

If you have paid attention, you know Ann and I are moving from Michigan to Buffalo, NY. After 4 months of purges and sales, we sent 3 Pods ahead and after the closing on our house the furniture will follow in a regular van line. Today the Pods folks informed us they are not allowed to drop the pods on the street to unload. We will have to take trucks to their warehouse and "re-transport" our goods to the house. Crap like this is .............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..like dealing with distributors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JSngry said:

..like dealing with distributors?

Won't know until it is finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck, for real!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 6:30 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

Looking for an appropriate package for mail.

NOW THIS:

If you have paid attention, you know Ann and I are moving from Michigan to Buffalo, NY. After 4 months of purges and sales, we sent 3 Pods ahead and after the closing on our house the furniture will follow in a regular van line. Today the Pods folks informed us they are not allowed to drop the pods on the street to unload. We will have to take trucks to their warehouse and "re-transport" our goods to the house. Crap like this is .............

That is highly unusual and should have been disclosed at the start of the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think PODS always have to be on a person’s property because of liability issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driveways always work, but if you got three of them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So did you guys buy a condo and there's no place to put them on a sidewalk or swale?  I can't imagine a company not asking up front, where do you want these dropped off and verifying that the new home meets the requirement, or stating up front that it won't.  I'd be pissed as hell.

Edited by Dan Gould

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

So did you guys buy a condo and there's no place to put them on a sidewalk or swale?  I can't imagine a company not asking up front, where do you want these dropped off and verifying that the new home meets the requirement, or stating up front that it won't.  I'd be pissed as hell.

That’s a good point. I know when we rented a POD a few months ago when we were renovating our garage, the rep asked all sorts of questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

So did you guys buy a condo and there's no place to put them on a sidewalk or swale?  I can't imagine a company not asking up front, where do you want these dropped off and verifying that the new home meets the requirement, or stating up front that it won't.  I'd be pissed as hell.

This is a neighborhood of large, 19th century, wood frame houses. They all share a narrow driveway between the houses. There is no room to drop the pods.

10407916_10153650217633289_7440176998355

 

Edited by Chuck Nessa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

This is a neighborhood of large, 19th century, wood frame houses. They all share a narrow driveway between the houses. There is no room to drop the pods.

10407916_10153650217633289_7440176998355

 

So don't play your music too loud in that new neighborhood - or else ... (read: or face the consequences with your new neighbors ...);)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

This is a neighborhood of large, 19th century, wood frame houses. They all share a narrow driveway between the houses. There is no room to drop the pods.

10407916_10153650217633289_7440176998355

 

There's no space in the set-back for the number of pods you rented?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it really green like that, or are that the color of some lightbulb?

I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.