Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sonnymax

Carl Reiner passes at age 98

15 posts in this topic

Truly one the geniuses of comedy, and a personal hero of mine. R.I.P. sir, and thank you for the humor, the laughter and the humanity. People.com

1140-conversation-with-carl-reiner.imgca

Edited by sonnymax

I first remember him from the Dick Van Dyke Show, which he created. A true legend. RIP. 

Best celebrity encounter I ever had: I went up to him once at an event and said I thought he and Mel Brooks were the funniest people alive and he acted as if he were completely delighted  and nobody had ever said that to him before. 

Classic scene from The Dick Van Dyke Show featuring Reiner as Alan Brady:

Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee had an episode with Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks together.  Seeing the two comic geniuses hanging out in their golden years was heartwarming.  Rest in peace, Mr. Reiner.

Trying to get out of the hardware store in "Mad Mad Mad Mad World": a classic! RIP

gregmo

Reiner sat in that section for years, when it came to play lead, he knew every part.

Anybody else remember this 1976 comedy series?

senorangel_zpswcnuai83.JPG

I guess it was meant to cash in on the success of George Burns' Oh God! movie.  Carl Reiner played an angel who came to earth each week to reward a different guest star who had done something good.  I swear I watched 2 or 3 episodes (and there were only 13!)..

Ooops -- I just now Wikipediaed to find out Oh God! was a 1977 film.  So I wonder if Carl Reiner learned anything from the story structure of this failed TV series that he took along to the making of that film.

Edited by duaneiac