miles65

Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

1,119 posts in this topic

The Basie/ Young box looks great. I have been restraining from online orders lately though so that postal services can concentrate on the essential deliveries (pharmaceutical products, food, etc.) and work in acceptable conditions. If I buy the set, I might ask Mosaic to put it aside for me.

10 hours ago, OliverM said:

The Basie/ Young box looks great. I have been restraining from online orders lately though so that postal services can concentrate on the essential deliveries (pharmaceutical products, food, etc.) and work in acceptable conditions. If I buy the set, I might ask Mosaic to put it aside for me.

As you are living in France, ordering from JazzMessengers might be the better option:

https://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/72209/count-basie/classic-1936-1947-basie-and-young-studio-sessions

21 hours ago, OliverM said:

Well done, I did the same for my discogs items.

The Savoy be bop sessions made a return to last chance. So if you missed out here’s chance. Probably not many copies.

The last Mosaic Single Ruby Braff  'Hi-Fi salute to Bunny' is now OOP. Just as with 'Selects (3 CD sets)' you can still click on 'Mosaic Singles' under Categories but you reach an empty page.

More sad about the Selects going away. It was a nice lower cost addition to the big boxes. 

8 hours ago, BFrank said:

More sad about the Selects going away. It was a nice lower cost addition to the big boxes. 

This forever x1000. 

10 hours ago, BFrank said:

A shame the Selects turned out not to be economically viable. It was a great series.

The Count Basie/Lester Young set is now OOP. The Braff single made a come back a few days ago. Usealy the come backs are short lived.This time it takes longer.

23 hours ago, miles65 said:

The Count Basie/Lester Young set is now OOP. The Braff single made a come back a few days ago. Usealy the come backs are short lived.This time it takes longer.

Jazzmessengers still had it on their lists, so I pulled the trigger after receiving an unexpectedly large tax refund today. Ihave most of it on other reissues but want the newly discovered Basie sides, the Basie piano features, and the Dicky Wells session. 

The Basie/Lester tracks are not be missed but at least some of them are available elsewhere.  The Basie/Prez tracks on  the Savory Collection can't be found anywhere else.  Get it while you can.

Edited by medjuck

10 hours ago, mikeweil said:

Jazzmessengers still had it on their lists, so I pulled the trigger after receiving an unexpectedly large tax refund today. Ihave most of it on other reissues but want the newly discovered Basie sides, the Basie piano features, and the Dicky Wells session. 

Good move. This is one of those sets that I have and is still in the ‘pending’ tray. Need to put that right !

Can’t go wrong with Mosaic (quotation, “Disciple  X”) :rolleyes:

Ordered on Monday, shipped on Tuesday, arrived on Thursday. That's what I call service! € 160.00 incl. shipping is a more than fair price at this delivery speed. :)

The Ruby Braff single is OOP again. Took longer than normal for a reapearing item.

39 minutes ago, miles65 said:

The Ruby Braff single is OOP again. Took longer than normal for a reapearing item.

If the bad review on the product's web page was true, then it probably didn't help sales very much. 

Edited by Dub Modal

3 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

If the bad review on the product's web page was true, then it probably didn't help sales very much. 

It wasn't, but it probably still hurt sales. 

8 hours ago, medjuck said:

It wasn't, but it probably still hurt sales. 

Figures. I'm surprised they kept the review posted for so long.