Lester%2BBowie%2B1978%2BAfrican%2BChildr

Oh, I'm very envious. That's a great LP

2 LPs actually!

same group as. listened to this as well

Lester%2BBowie%2B1978%2BThe%2B5th%2BPowe

Yes, I have 5th Power but never come across an affordable African Children

_lmusby_1325176430full.jpg

Ornette Coleman - Live In Beograd !

2011. Pressed on a clear yellow vinyl housed in a clear plastic sleeve with black lettering and limited to 500 :shrug[1]: copies, this record presents Ornette's classic quartet recorded live in ex Yugoslavia.

I'm intrigued, how does it sound?

Really great music and fidelity.

thanks. I'll investigate

• Replies 55.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buster-Bailey-All-About-Memphis-564568.j

Buster Bailey: All About Memphis

I only have the Affinity issue. Doesn't sound bad to me, but I'd probably feel differently if I had a chance to hear a Felsted original. Fat chance of that, so I'll live with the Affinity until someone does a better reissue.

Odd that the Felsted master tapes seem to have disappeared. The Affinity liner notes say that the Felsted recordings were commisioned by Sir Edward Lewis, head of Decca Records in London. Many Decca classical records have been reissued on vinyl with superb sound and pressings by Speakers Corner. If Felsted had a connection with Decca, I wonder why the Felsted masters have gone missing.

Arman Ratip 'The Spy From Istanbul' (Regal Zonophone)

150772800127.jpg

Free session from 1973 by the Turkish pianist, with Marc Charig and Harry Miller.

Wow, never seen or heard of that!

Clifford - It's another obscure Lansdowne series LP recorded for Denis Preston and a good one. The whole of the first side is a sound-track for a thriller novel that was in his head but never published. Ratip also did a trio album for UK Columbia a few years earlier than this one - 'Introducing Arman Ratip'. He lives in Cyprus these days I think.

Talking of Charig, does anyone know Charig/Fisher/Floridis ‎– Amore [jnd]?

Nope !

Edited by sidewinder

Arman Ratip 'The Spy From Istanbul' (Regal Zonophone)

150772800127.jpg

Free session from 1973 by the Turkish pianist, with Marc Charig and Harry Miller.

Wow, never seen or heard of that!

Clifford - It's another obscure Lansdowne series LP recorded for Denis Preston and a good one. The whole of the first side is a sound-track for a thriller novel that was in his head but never published. Ratip also did a trio album for UK Columbia a few years earlier than this one - 'Introducing Arman Ratip'. He lives in Cyprus these days I think.

Talking of Charig, does anyone know Charig/Fisher/Floridis ‎– Amore [jnd]?

Thanks Sidewinder for posting this LP...I've never heard of it either...strange lineup though with no drummer?

Nope !

Obviously I need to figure out how to quote and respond to forum entries...;(

Best pressing I ever heard of 'East Broadway Rundown' was a mono on HMV.

i 1000% believe you, and im sure the cover art also looks way better on that- does it have the glossy cover.

Yes Chewy - glossy cover with the foldback sleeve.

Thanks Sidewinder for posting this LP...I've never heard of it either...strange lineup though with no drummer?

Home - It's a quartet. Keith Bailey on drums as well as Ratip, Harry Miller and Marc Charig.

Edited by sidewinder

$(KGrHqUOKj0E6W3guli+BOl1DMlE,g~~60_12.J

Roots - Salutes the saxophone.

Arthur Blythe(alto saxophone)
Nathan Davis (tenor and soprano saxophones)
Chico Freeman (tenor andsoprano saxophones)
Sam Rivers (tenor saxophone)
Don Pullen (piano)
Santi Debriano (bass)
Tommy Campbell (drums)

Recorded at the Leverkusen Jazz Festival ( 1991 ) , this album features ROOTS celebrating some of the great saxophonists in jazz with memorable versions of the great compositions with which they are associated.

La Guitarra Y El Sonido Increible De Gilberto Puente (RCA Mexico, orange label deep groove). The incredible guitar sound of Gilberto Puente is not hyperbole on this excellent Mexican jazz trio recording, circa 1969.

Yusef Lateef, The Centaur and the Phoenix (Riverside mono).