• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roland Hanna - The New York Jazz Quartet in Chicago (Bee Hive). Nice date. I am looking forward to the Mosaic box.

No permanent picture on line.

By the way discogs.com - if you are reading this - Fuck you for blocking us from using your images.

Here you go:

R-2581830-1291567234.jpeg.jpg

Blocked by discogs.

I was at that session.

Roland Hanna - The New York Jazz Quartet in Chicago (Bee Hive). Nice date. I am looking forward to the Mosaic box.

No permanent picture on line.

By the way discogs.com - if you are reading this - Fuck you for blocking us from using your images.

Here you go:

R-2581830-1291567234.jpeg.jpg

Blocked by discogs.

I was at that session.

was a treat for sure ....

Last night (headphone):

Karin Krog & Bengt Hallberg A Song for You (Overseas, Japan): I had the Phontastic issue, but now found this Japanese release, also from 1978 and with a nicer cover. Listening to it again after a long time, I still think it's not her most exciting album, but there are some beautiful moments ("A child is born"...);

Neighbours Great Neighbours Music vol. 1 (private pressing): Austrian piano trio. They cut a record with Fred Anderson and Bill Brimfield and another one with Anthony Braxton, but this is a self-released recording by the trio on its own. Title is correct: great music.

Takashi Kazamaki & Danny Davis Atmosphere - Live At The Strange Fruit (Fool): free improv duet. A classic.

Last night (headphone):

Karin Krog & Bengt Hallberg A Song for You (Overseas, Japan): I had the Phontastic issue, but now found this Japanese release, also from 1978 and with a nicer cover. Listening to it again after a long time, I still think it's not her most exciting album, but there are some beautiful moments ("A child is born"...);

Neighbours Great Neighbours Music vol. 1 (private pressing): Austrian piano trio. They cut a record with Fred Anderson and Bill Brimfield and another one with Anthony Braxton, but this is a self-released recording by the trio on its own. Title is correct: great music.

Takashi Kazamaki & Danny Davis Atmosphere - Live At The Strange Fruit (Fool): free improv duet. A classic.

The only neighbours album I have is the one with Braxton. I used to own the Kazamaki duo with Danny Davis but sold it years ago in leaner financial times. I do still have his two duo Lps with Chie Mukai and Takehisa Kosugi though...I'll have to spin the CDR I made of the Danny Davis duo again some day!

You probably do.

No great surprises for those that know and love McPhee of that vintage. The 'friends and neighbours' credited with variety of percussion create a very nice groove over which Joe and, I suspect brother Charlie on flute, blows as Joe did and still does. Snyder's contributions are very telling not only creating background contexts but duetting with McPhee and soloing on occasion. Sound quality is good in a live way

Anyone who enjoys "Pieces Of Light" and "Willisau Concert" should enjoy this I think

You probably do.

No great surprises for those that know and love McPhee of that vintage. The 'friends and neighbours' credited with variety of percussion create a very nice groove over which Joe and, I suspect brother Charlie on flute, blows as Joe did and still does. Snyder's contributions are very telling not only creating background contexts but duetting with McPhee and soloing on occasion. Sound quality is good in a live way

Anyone who enjoys "Pieces Of Light" and "Willisau Concert" should enjoy this I think

Huge McPhee fan but less so of this vintage. Neat looking set but I'll pass.

John Phillips - Wolf King of L.A. - (ABC Dunhill)

Haven't listened to this in almost a decade, i.e. since the allegations made by his daughter came to light. Still unsure how I feel about pulling out out.

I'm sure they're true but it's still a solid record. Sometimes sick bastards make worthwhile music.

Now:

Blind Blake - Bootleg Rum Dum Blues 1926-1930 - (Biograph)

Not usually the kind of thing I pay attention to but that sticks out in my mind for some reason. It's a great record for sure. "Holland Tunnel"!