• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee Konitz Nonet - Live At Laren (Soul Note). Killer band. Red Rodney, John Eckert, Jimmy Knepper, Sam Burtis, Lee Konitz, Ronnie Cuber, Ben Aronov, Ray Drummond & Billy Hart. Great playing all around. I can't help it, but I get a feeling that I'm listening to a Mingus date at times.

My copy has a cut corner and a sticker that says, "Distributed by Polygram Special Imports, 810 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York 10019".

Live at Laren - Wikipedia

7 hours ago, jazzcorner said:
Just bought 4 CD's from a small but fine label (Fresh Sound reissues) original DAWN Records
Sorry its CD's not vinyl!

[IMG]

Over the years, I've found three original LPs on Dawn: the Al Cohn, the Modern Art Zoot Sims and a "Critics Choice" anthology of their jazz releases.

12 hours ago, kh1958 said:

Over the years, I've found three original LPs on Dawn: the Al Cohn, the Modern Art Zoot Sims and a "Critics Choice" anthology of their jazz releases.

The Al Cohn album was also issued on Biograph Records BLP -12063 in 1979 under the title "Bee Loose".  The CD contains an additional track "Them There Eyes"

The Zoot Sims  " Modern Art"  CD contains 2 additional tracks previously unissued.

The Dawn LP " Zoot Sims Goes To Jazzville" was issued originally with 8 tracks. The CD reissue from FSR contains 6  additional tracks. Two of them com from the Dawn LP "Tenors anyone?" and 4 more were previously unissued.

Can also recommend this LP on Pumpkin Productions Stereo 108

38324668th.jpg

2 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

Al Haig-Jimmy Raney "Special Brew" -- Spotlite (Haig's solo on "Shaw Nuff" is as close as any pianist I know has come to Bird, with Haig and  Bud in a dead heat. Just astonishing.)

Several of Duke Jordan's many fine Steeple Chase albums

That "Shaw Nuff" is on YouTube. Just plug in "al haig shaw nuff"