• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riverside History of Classic Jazz, volume 5/6, Boogie Woogie/South Side Chicago (Riverside) Image result for Boogie Woogie chicago riverside history of classic jazzImage result for Cannonball adderley african waltz

Cannonball Adderley, African Waltz (Riverside)

Ira Sullivan, Peace (Galaxy)

Image result for Ira Sullivan peace

Dixieland at Jazz, Ltd. with Sidney Bechet (Atlantic)

Gerald Wilson, Portraits (Pacific Jazz)

Image result for gerald Wilson portrait

That Ira Sullivan Galaxy LP Peace, with Joe Diorio and Billy Higgins, which I cannot find has been released on CD, is a rather good one.

Jorma Kaukonen with Tom Hobson - Quah (Grunt). I got the limited edition (500) yellow/red split vinyl. Jorma played at the Shalin Liu performing arts center a few years back, so I got him to sign my LP. This record is much better than that performance. To be honest, the show wasn't that great - certainly not worth what I paid for a ticket.

No photo description available.

Image may contain: makeup, table and indoor

I guess the show was in 2016. I kept the stub.

R-12626073-1538855103-9071.jpeg.jpg

Hey! It's James Moody (Cadet, 1960)
An excellent quartet session with guitarist Johnny Gray taking the role usually filled by a pianist.

On 4/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, kh1958 said:

Ira Sullivan, Peace (Galaxy)

Image result for Ira Sullivan peace

Gerald Wilson, Portraits (Pacific Jazz)

Image result for gerald Wilson portrait

These two are both five-star records in my book. :tup 

On 4/29/2020 at 0:41 PM, bresna said:

Jorma Kaukonen with Tom Hobson - Quah (Grunt). I got the limited edition (500) yellow/red split vinyl. Jorma played at the Shalin Liu performing arts center a few years back, so I got him to sign my LP. This record is much better than that performance. To be honest, the show wasn't that great - certainly not worth what I paid for a ticket.

Image may contain: makeup, table and indoor

I guess the show was in 2016. I kept the stub.

dont miss his next solo livestream this saturday on his fur peach ranch youtube- theyve been phenomenal 

On 4/19/2020 at 7:35 AM, kh1958 said:

Paul Barbarin and His New Orleans Jazz (Atlantic)

Coleman Hawkins, The Hawk in Flight (RCA)

Ahmad Jamal, Portfolio (Argo)(Image result for Paul barbarin and his new orleans jazz atlanticImage result for coleman hawkins the mighty hawk rcaImage result for ahmad jamal portfolio

never seen hawk in flight EVER- it avgs $8 on discogs, I have no idea why Ive never seen it.  Must get, thank you

3 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

dont miss his next solo livestream this saturday on his fur peach ranch youtube- theyve been phenomenal 

never seen hawk in flight EVER- it avgs $8 on discogs, I have no idea why Ive never seen it.  Must get, thank you

Wise decision.

On 1.5.2020 at 8:54 AM, jazzcorner said:

38427116fd.jpg

38427115rm.jpg38424630ev.jpg

38424614wg.jpg

Oh I still am mad I didn´t purchase this when it was on the America Label. Most of those albums were Mingus associated, I have those with Mingus as a leader and others like "the fabulous Thad Jones" but I think it might be hard to find this one right now.

46 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Oh I still am mad I didn´t purchase this when it was on the America Label. Most of those albums were Mingus associated, I have those with Mingus as a leader and others like "the fabulous Thad Jones" but I think it might be hard to find this one right now.

There was also a Prestige 2-fer with these tracks. You might look for this one.

Johnson,J.J.         Four Trombones...The DEBUT recordings     1953          Prestige(2)  2-4097

Edited by jazzcorner
more text