Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG-4275.jpg

ECM got their own ‘audiophile’ series out now as well. Sounds great and this a favorite of mine from the label (there’s some stuff on ECM I really like and also quite a lot I don’t like). The prices of these are fairer than those of the Tone Poets and the Acoustic Sounds. Funny as a few years back the Blue Note and Verve cds were the cheap ones and the ECM’s were expensive.

5 minutes ago, Pim said:

IMG-4275.jpg

ECM got their own ‘audiophile’ series out now as well. Sounds great and this a favorite of mine from the label (there’s some stuff on ECM I really like and also quite a lot I don’t like). The prices of these are fairer than those of the Tone Poets and the Acoustic Sounds. Funny as a few years back the Blue Note and Verve cds were the cheap ones and the ECM’s were expensive.

👍

14 minutes ago, Pim said:

IMG-4275.jpg

Desert island platter ....  

19 minutes ago, Pim said:

IMG-4275.jpg

I played my original recently and thought it sounded great, apart from a short scratch I'd forgotten about. 

I'd love to compare the two.

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

I played my original recently and thought it sounded great, apart from a short scratch I'd forgotten about. 

I'd love to compare the two.

These ECM originals sound great. If I’d had one I wouldn’t buy this one but I only had a cd issue. It sounds like an original :)

10 hours ago, soulpope said:

Nathan Davis at his peak .... one of the best archival releases for the past couple of years  ....

Wish to hell this had also been on CD. :(

9 hours ago, Pim said:

Yeah Sam records did a great job 👏 

Except for the lack of it being released on CD. :angry: