Uhhh... they're gone!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty amazing how fast the sets now disappear when the internet jazz community starts calling attention to their status as running low!

Dan, I was happy with the Blue Moon reissues as well, but the Mosaics sound better than I imagined they would in comparison!

I bought japan import CDs of Wayne Shorter's "Wayning moments" and "Second Genesis" (the only albums from the Mosaic set I really need) from Hans, and they sound much better than the Blue Moon CDs, which seem to have been made from inferior tape copies.

I'm sure the Mosaic sounds at least as good as the japanese CDs, otherwise Hans wouln't have sold them :)

I have the Kelly/Chambers set but really wish I could have grabbed the other one, as I don't have any of the recordings contained in that set (other than The Young Lions).

Oh well, sometimes food & shelter is more important than Mosaic sets! :)

Dan, I was happy with the Blue Moon reissues as well, but the Mosaics sound better than I imagined they would in comparison!

Well, I have to admit that, I knew in the back of my mind that if cash flow didn't allow a purchase before the lease expired (and with a new house, that was inevitable), and curiosity about the sound became overwhelming, I'd have options in the future (wink wink nudge nudge). :g

I am pretty certain that the Teddy Wilson set will be the next endangered Mosaic. Fortunately, I already have it. Hopefully for the rest of you, it will last at least until the end of this year.

Mosaic's Scott told me a while ago that the Teddy Wilson licence will expire at the end of the year.