Could this be the fate of the new BNBB?

Ed S

OK, I just caught up on this thread. I'm in the UK and have a family life as well. So, it's taken loger than I would have liked or thought necessary.

What can I say?

eusa_wall.gif

I'm sorry, guys. This was not good cop, bad cop - at least not on my part. It's not a good time for me to post - I'm still very angry and upset, not to say embarrassed.

If I can face you guys again, I'll post later.

Edited by Neon

Oh, and I wasn't going to say anything about the fundamentalist Christianity and prowar crapola (the old canard that Saddam was behind 9/11) all over that site until I saw the links to Bob Jones University on it. Does Norah Jones really want these schmucks supporting her? This guy upholds the integrity of an institution that would prefer a situation by which Norah Jones wouldn't even exist--that is, it frowns on the interracial relationship between Shankar and Norah's mother (never mind the fact that she was born out of wedlock).

Edited by Big Wheel

Guest Mnytime

OK, I just caught up on this thread. I'm in the UK and have a family life as well. So, it's taken loger than I would have liked or thought necessary.

What can I say?

eusa_wall.gif

I'm sorry, guys. This was not good cop, bad cop - at least not on my part. It's not a good time for me to post - I'm still very angry and upset, not to say embarrassed.

Neon

You might point out to your Co-Moderator that with all his threats he has put both your employers into possible legal problems. Since the courts have made it very clear that the employer is very much responsible for anything their employees post or email on the net.

Another thing, as Big Wheel points out Bob Jones University and their racist views is not exactly someone that should be associated in anyway with Norah Jones. Unless Norah has a problem as well with Non-Whites and Interracial marriage. Which I really doubt considering her heritage.

I am somewhat sure she would be offended that a link to Bob Jones University is on a board that has her name on it.

Edited by Mnytime

What can I say?

eusa_wall.gif

Neon,

Please come back and chat with us when you are ready. You are well respected here and we are interested in your take on all this.

Sincerely,

Joe Gloss

Neon, I appeal to you to end this by talking some sense into Musicboy.

I would second this request. Musicboy has really gotten way out of hand.

Neon, you seem like a very reasonable person, and I too would greatly welcome your return to discuss this situation in a more calm and reasonable manner. We won't bite, I assure you. We are not even 1/1000th as 'evil' as Musicboy paints us to be, with broad brush stokes. As you can see in this thread, and in another thread that he started (link: Is it over? We'll see...), he has made some 'jaw-droppingly' amazing threats to the moderators of our board, and to some of us on the board, in response to a very tiny bit of harmless fun from a very small number of us.

As a result, Organissimo (the band) have been threatened collectively, and their members threatened individually - in terms of Musicboy's supposed influence in "the music industry". Sure we were offended enough when our posts on your board were deleted, but they were restored - and for that we thank you. Those messages didn't really matter much, and it was more of a matter of principle. But Musicboy's attitude that we are somehow violating the Internet Protection Act, and that we need to be monitored (which he is supposedly so happy to do), in order to turn over his findings to the Department of Justice. My god, Musicboy appears to many of us be a paranoid raving lunatic.

In any case, please do return to our board, and we will be happy to discuss this all in a more calm and reasonable manner. We are all adults here, and deep down we wish no ill will towards you or your Norah Jones board.

Thank you. -- Rooster Ties

Neon

He has gone further than to harrass the band and band members. His threats have been issued to all whom he deems to be troublemakers. He claims that he has "recorded" comments here, has logged IP addresses, has tracked emails and has threatened to make our lives miserable by filing charges even though he knows he may not even have a case. That is a clear cut case of harrassment.

He has threatened to disseminate across the internet the "fact" that this board is full of Christian hating bigots. As a member, I resent this defamation of my character and furthermore, I resent his repeated use of my name in a context that also includes references to the need for protection of children at this site. Those are serious accusations. I would advise you to inform him to cease and desist.

He claims that he has "recorded" comments here, has logged IP addresses, has tracked emails and has threatened to make our lives miserable by filing charges even though he knows he may not even have a case. That is a clear cut case of harrassment.

If anybody's computer gets a virus we know who sent it.

This guy is just the type of narrowminded bigot to attempt to do something like that.

Anybody know about that sort of thing? Anything we should do to protect ourselves?

And so then, if I'm understanding this right?? - if you're 'banned' from the Norah board, then you can't even LOOK at their board???? :wacko::wacko::wacko: (Remember when Jim got accidently banned from the BNBB?? He could still read everything on the BNBB, he just couldn't post.)

That's correct, Rooster. Their Christian Fascist Police State software is so good, that it freezes all of the links so that the only page that will load is the one that declares you an Enemy of the State, er, I mean, Persona Non Grata, I mean, er, um, no longer welcome at the site.

Neon, I've got to chime in as well. I understand the embarrassment, but don't sweat it. We're not going to blame you for the Boy being such a doofus; unlike Boy, we don't assume everyone at your board speaks with the same voice. It's cool.

But if you can slap the mofo upside the head, feel free... ;)

If you delete the cookies from norahjones.info you should be able to browse the board as guest again.

They could also block your IP address, but that would be rather useless as most people use dialup connections and change the IP address at every connection.

Edited by Claude

I'm still not finding the link to Bob Jones University. Where exactly is the related links page?

It's on the personal page of one of their board mods. There's a link from his personal profile on their board, to his own personal web-page (here), and the Bob Jones link is near the bottom of the list.

It is unacceptable to me that my site (which incidentally is not some corporate institution, but a fan site set up by me) be associated with anyone who uses any means to threaten anyone. No matter how the words are phrased.

I read his posts here as threatening. If this was my board I'd be madder than you are. On the other hand, it takes a lot to make me mad. This did it, though.

You have raised a number of valid points which require answering - at least to my satisfaction.

However, as of now, musicboy is not officially associated with norahjones.info, except in the status of an ordinary member, nor has he ever represented the views or ethos of the site on the organissimo message boards.

I do not regard this outcome as a victory for anyone. It is a sad reflection on society and the way we perceive other human beings, whose views and opinions may not agree with our own.

For what it may be worth at this stage, I think you're a cool bunch of guys - and the band sounds great!

Rob