Could this be the fate of the new BNBB?

Ed S

For what it may be worth at this stage, I think you're a cool bunch of guys - and the band sounds great!

Thanks !!!

While I'm not an official member of the band, I do play a mean triangle, so it's only a matter of time. ;)

Neon, that was a very stand up thing to do.

Yes, Rob, you've handled this well. Please feel free to join us, if you like. As I'm sure you know, we have a lively exchange here, and there's always room for more.

Update on my goings-on at the NJ board... I got my signature back, and Musicboy can't delete it now!!! :g

Go to http://www.organissimo.org/forum/ for some GREAT discussion about jazz, politics, and more!!! (Warning - some 'adult' language at times, so if you are under 18 years of age, please get one of your parent's permission first.)

Musicboy sent me a PM last night telling me he had edited my posts to take out any links to the Organissimo board. This meant my signature was gone, as well as a link I had given for the "Race" topic I started over here, and last night started over there too. He cited concern for "the children", so that's why I included the "over 18" part in my sig., which I don't think is necessary, but there's nothing like doing what you want and playing by their rules, all at the same time!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

But, of course, the overwhelming question remains: how can Musicboy with all his marvelous connections in the music business be dumped as a moderator for a Norah Jones board? I mean, doesn't he have BIG CONNECTIONS, and isn't he THE ULTIMATE ARBITRATOR OF MORALITY?, and isn't he the HOLIEST BEING ON THE PLANET? and isn't he the NUMBER ONE CAT IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY? :blink::wacko::blink::wacko::eye::eye:

Edited by connoisseur series500

Didnt I point out that he wasnt? He was just making a big noise and all. So we all made some big noises back. Im glad things are calming down, and I think what Rob said was truthful and made sense. Im sorry for getting so upset, but when people mess with my family I always get a bit...angry. :bwallace:

Love to all,

Jessie

Didnt I point out that he wasnt? He was just making a big noise and all. So we all made some big noises back. Im glad things are calming down, and I think what Rob said was truthful and made sense. Im sorry for getting so upset, but when people mess with my family I always get a bit...angry.  :bwallace:

Love to all,

Jessie

Don't get those Alfredson women riled up!! :D

FYI, there are now substantial changes to the rules and regulations at the Norah Jones board, just as of today.

( Rob's a good guy, wouldn't you say??? :) )

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Registration Terms rev. 2003-05-20  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). You also agree not to connect or link this site in any way, to the above described materials, including the contents of signature files, avatars, & personal messages to other members. Links to sites which are otherwise targetted at a more adult demographic due to occasional expletives ("bad language") are permitted as long as the link, or entry page, contains a warning to that effect. Norahjones.info takes no responsibility for the content on any linked site, nor do we endorse such sites in any way.

Anything (including but not limited to usernames, articles, links, posts, graphics), that is in the opinion of the administrators and moderators in any way defamatory to any person or group is subject to editing, and deletion at their discretion. Since minors min. age 13 are allowed to register, this Message Board will maintain a family friendly atmosphere. Character bashing of artists or other registered users will not be tolerated in a public setting which includes our Public Message Board Chat Room. All Forums will abide by this policy in addition to specific Forum Topic policies as applied by Administration. Off Topic Threads may be edited, deleted, or relocated (without notice) to appropriate Forum at the moderator's discretion.

Here's what they used to say (before today)...

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:08 am Post subject: Registration Terms rev. 5-14-03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). You also agree not to connect or link this site in any way, to the above described materials, including the contents of signature files, avatars, & personal messages to other members.

THIS MESSAGE BOARD MUST REFLECT AN ATTITUDE THAT COMPLIMENTS THE NORAH JONES BAND. All USERNAMES, articles, links, posts, graphics, etc. that do not compliment the artists, and purpose of the moderation team are subject to editing, and deletion at their discretion. Since minors min. age 13 are allowed to register, this Message Board will maintain a family friendly atmosphere. Character bashing of artists or other registered users will not be tolerated in a public setting which includes our Public Message Board Chat Room. All Forums will abide by this policy in addition to specific Forum Topic policies as applied by Administration. Off Topic Threads may be edited, deleted, or relocated (without notice) to appropriate Forum at the moderator's discretion.

Thanks Rob. Way to go!!! :)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Guest Mnytime

Just for clarification on for my part.

Neon, who turns out to be a scholar and gentlemen, says that MusicBoy is only a member. So how was he able to ban people and delete posts and whole threads? I do recall him saying he was a Moderator. Am I missing something or was he removed as Moderator?

How was the Bob Jones Link added? Neon doesn't come across as someone that would have added it. While MusicBoy on the other hand comes across as a Graduate Student. Well maybe not a Graduate if you know what I mean. ;)

Neon:

Come on by anytime you want. While Norah is not my personal cup of tea to each his or her own. :D

Any comments on the Bob Jones University link?

Edited by Mnytime

Just for clarification on for my part.

Neon, who turns out to be a scholar and gentlemen, says that MusicBoy is only a member.  So how was he able to ban people and delete posts and whole threads?  I do recall him saying he was a Moderator.  Am I missing something or was he removed as Moderator?

How was the Bob Jones Link added?  Neon doesn't come across as someone that would have added it.  While MusicBoy on the other hand comes across as a Graduate Student.  Well maybe not a Graduate if you know what I mean.  ;)

Neon:

Come on by anytime you want.  While Norah is not my personal cup of tea to each his or her own. :D

Any comments on the Bob Jones University link?

I think that Musicboy was indeed a moderator ( Musicboy bio at NJ site )but has had his priveleges taken away. He is now just a member.

As for the Bob jones link, I don't think it is directly tied to the site. One of the moderators has a link to his own homepage in his bio. From that site, the link to Bob Jones is available.

From my standpoint, that and the disclaimer in the new registration terms gets the Norah Jones site off the hook to some extent. Personally, I would not allow the link to the personal website that contains the link to Bob Jones site.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

This all brings back a certain memory. In the day of BNBB I hastily signed on as Norah Jones. It had to do with Aric going on about how hot she was and how he wanted to do her in his hometown or something like that. I gave a couple of harmless posts to fuel Aric as was the rule back then.

She eventually came onboard to settle the score ("Would the real NJ please stand, please stand up" No harm done. She was not opposed to what I wrote (Again I was trying to fool Aric). Now I see what has truly become of the media circus. :blink:

Guest Mnytime

Mnytime, it's my understanding that Musicboy was busted down from board administrator as a result of the whole issue, by Rob/Neon, the creator of norahjones.info.

The Bob Jones link you mentioned is on the personal website of another one of the administrators. I forget his online handle.

Well in that case Neon/Rob is definitely a scholar and gentlemen! :D

Though to be honest I really was hoping that I was one of those MusicBoy was taking IP's and all the rest. I was chomping on the bit wanting to set my lawyers loose on him and whomever he worked for. Since I have them on retainer might as well get my money's worth. Who knows a good legal fight might have gotten the body working right again. It likes nothing better than competition of some sort or another. :party::party:

At the very least it would have distracted me and given me something beside Cancer to fight. ;)

Guest Mnytime

Thank You, and May You All Live a Long Healthy Pain Free Life!!

Myself at this stage I just want to go out with a smile on my face if you know what I mean. ;) Let your imaginations go. :D :D :D

However, as of now, musicboy is not officially associated with norahjones.info, except in the status of an ordinary member, nor has he ever represented the views or ethos of the site on the organissimo message boards.

Mnytime,

I took the "as of now" to mean "he used to have power but I just canned his sorry ass" :g

Does anyone else find the italicized statemet a bit curious? Its as if he's saying, after the fact, that whatever Musicboy did or said, he wasn't doing it on behalf of norahjones.info, I guess to protect the site from any "blowback".

And Mny, the lined formed, or is that forms, behind me in the Class-Action I Dare You To Start Something Lawsuit! Though, since you have lawyers on retainer, I probably would agree to let you have the privilege of being "Lead Plaintiff" :g:g

And finally a message to Neon, thanks for stepping up and handling this so well. If you ever feel like chatting about jazz or politics or just sending out a lot of blue-tinged pixels, come on back sometime!

Edited by Dan Gould