Babe thread?

Chrome

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. Next time I'll give more warning.

I also took down the "Drawn Babes" thread. I didn't care for having it or the original babe thread on my website.

What, is this the G rated PC board now???? Should people start watching their language as well? I am sure Shrdlu can now post his religious viewpoints without fear of any attacks on the new, improved organissimo board, Disney approved!

Quick definition of "politically correct," please.

First there's Machiavelli references I can't figure out and now the great nebulous insult "politically correct" rears its ugly head. Am I damned never to know what the hell anyone else is talking about? Or who they are, even? Criminy!

--eric

What, is this the G rated PC board now???? Should people start watching their language as well? I am sure Shrdlu can now post his religious viewpoints without fear of any attacks on the new, improved organissimo board, Disney approved!

No, this is:

A) A bulletin board on the Organissimo website. Organissimo is my band that I'm trying to make successful and this website exists primarily as a promotional tool for that band. I didn't like the idea of saying to complete strangers at gigs, "Hey, check out our website, specifically our forums!" and then thinking they'll come here and see half-naked women. There are plenty of sites out there for that, if that's what you want.

B) A jazz discussion board and to a smaller extent a music discussion board. I know, I know... "What about the politics section and the religious dicussions?" Both are intrinsicly linked with music. Check out Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" or any Bob Dylan record.

I don't consider myself a prude but at the same time that thread was worthless, it contained hundreds of copyrighted images, many of which I would be ashamed to show my wife or sisters or grandmother. I let everyone here have a remarkable amount of freedom but sometimes I need to put my foot down.

As far as your ridiculous comment about being PC and Disney approved... how's this for PC?

If you don't like it, fuck off. Find another board.

Have a nice day! :)

PS. This is exactly the kind of bullshit I didn't want to deal with.

Remember that picture of the golfer babe that got b3-er in trouble? I'm happy enough with the argument that a lot of these pictures were copyrighted, and their presence here could really screw things up. There are some musician pictures that are also copyrighted that are still up.

Try posting a Far Side cartoon and see what happens...

B3-er had warned that the thread was on the hit list, so I say good call.

Bertrand.