"Hot Stampers"

JSngry

http://www.dccblowout.com/showpages.asp?pid=1037

I'm sure there's validity to all this, but otoh, wouldn't you have to have too much time on your hands to get this deep into it?

Perhaps not, but I don't think I'll ever be able to find out...

Actually, I have a TIME MACHINE that will bring you right to RVG studio and ABBEY ROAD at the exact time those faboulos vinyls were recorded. At this moment I can guarantee only one way trip, but the ticket prices are definitely lower than an original Mobley's BN.

FORGET HOT STAMPERS, TIME MACHINE IS THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE IN AUDIOPHILE PARANOIA!!!

I've met Tom - he's really into that stuff. There's some validity to it, but life's too short as it is for me to worry about such things...

Nah, he's not into it, he's really, really into it! :)

I should cut the guy some slack. As I mentioned on another thread somewhere, I have had 5 or 6 versions of "Blue Train". I can be pretty crazy about sound myself. But 18 copies of the same LP? Wow.

Later,

Kevin

Stampers became an issue when die hard collectors began to compare different copies of the same lp -- I forget, but a known example is the guy who compiled a booklet of RCA Living Stereo shaded dog labels in the 80's. Even by 1990 shaded dogs were a dime a dozen, until some word got around that vinyl wasn't all THAT bad, in fact, pretty damn good, so the hunt was on.

I thought "Hot Stampers" was the name of some obscure (thus great B-) ) folk jam dance band, or somethin'.

I note only that the Hot Stamper LPs linked to the site carry enormous price tags. Most of these LPs can be had for a few bucks in most used LP shops. I've done plenty of "hot stamping" to them, back in the day :P

Edited by Leeway

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...