The most inappropriate question

Alon Marcus

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overheard this one on the Simpsons a few weeks ago:

Bart and Milhouse were for some reason playing "Godchild" from BIRTH OF THE COOL, and Milhouse suddenly asks, "So, when do they start singing?"

A patron at a hick bar Jim and I once played at (with The Pillar of Flame on drums - pre randissimo) demanded that we "play a song with words!"

Another time we were playing a Christmas party in a restaurant, sans drummer, and a woman (probably a glass or two past her limit) came up and said, "when are you going to play some real music?" :blink: "You know (shakes her hips)--dancin' music!"

When are you going to play some real music... I can't think of a more inappropriate question to ask a musician!

About a year ago I played a dance studio in Brooklyn and a woman told me my music was piercing.

Yeah, right. Clean tone, bridge & middle p/u on a G&L S500 (aka Leo's last Strats) with the treble knob on the guitar @ 0 and NO notes higher than middle C, a compressor, couple of Line 6 loopers and it wasn't even loud.

I don't think the woman understands what the word piercing means... :rfr

Off-thread, but a stupid question/smart response just the same:

Back in '82, I was riding around with a carload of friends. One guy was digging through a box looking for a cassette tape. After passing over Foghat, Skynyrd, Charlie Daniels, etc... he pulls out a cassette of Beethoven (not sure why it was in there). He reads name on the cassette and says, "Who the hell is Beet-thoven?"

Another guy in the car snaps back, "You know - he played rhythm guitar for Nugent: Derek St. Beet-thoven."

First guy never had (or got) a clue. :w

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

About a year ago I played a dance studio in Brooklyn and a woman told me my music was piercing.

Yeah, right. Clean tone, bridge & middle p/u on a G&L S500 (aka Leo's last Strats) with the treble knob on the guitar @ 0 and NO notes higher than middle C, a compressor, couple of Line 6 loopers and it wasn't even loud.

I don't think the woman understands what the word piercing means

Maybe she meant your mellow tone and introspective solos pierced her SOUL! :D