Least Favorite Albums

Jazz Kat

The only "classic era" BN that I've purchased and then re-sold because I didn't care for it is Horace Silver's "In Pursuit of the 27th Man". Don't think that one's been mentioned yet. It has kind of scared me off of later Silver.

edit - actually I'm not sure that qualifies as "classic era", even though it was RVG'd...

Edited by Aggie87

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B3er, I suggest you delete this thread before it gets outta hand. This so called youngster (I'm still not conviced he's 15!) has infiltrated our board and is threatening to bring it to it's knees with this sinister thread. :o

I think we all understand that people have different preferences and we're all entitled to our own opinions but seeing some of this come out is going to cause some permanent damage. How can you ever forget (much less forgive) what they said about Jimmy and Dex and Lou! :o

The only solution is to delete this spawn of Satan before it destroys us ALL!!!! :o

I agree! I fear for our sanity!!!

Er...for those of us who still retain it, that is... :g

This better be an improvement over the special tinfoil hat I bought on eBay, or I'm not gonna try it! <_<

o, but didn't you know, that tinfoil stuff, well...

HHHhh-okay, this pic is gone!

shhhheeee-ittt! it WAS an innocent pic of people in tin foiled hats and it turned into some absurd obscenity. Thanks for the warning Weizen.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by couw

let's not get violent, boys, but part of the problem is that Lou Donaldon plays well, but is basically an uninspired soloist in any context  (OK, start the screaming and yelling) -

uhhhhh..... I pretty much agree with Allen.... bye bye "license to greeeeaze"

Yes, you're banished. Only Andrew Hill for you guys.

let's not get violent, boys, but part of the problem is that Lou Donaldon plays well, but is basically an uninspired soloist in any context  (OK, start the screaming and yelling) -

uhhhhh..... I pretty much agree with Allen.... bye bye "license to greeeeaze"

Yes, you're banished. Only Andrew Hill for you guys.

Speaking of Andrew Hill. I love his later Blue Note albums, but did you guys notice on Hank Mobley's No Room For Squares, he makes two mistakes. I think it was the first track, Three Way Split, I think. He starts to come in during Philly's solo. He stops, finding out it wasn't time yet. It happened again during the album. Just something to note.

It happened again during the album.

Yeah he does that every time I play the album. You'd think he'd learn! ;)

Which reminds me of a joke:

Two Aggies (you heard me) were watching a story on the 10 o'clock news where a guy was seen threatening to jump off a bridge. The first Aggie makes a bet with second, "I bet he jumps."

"$10 says he doesn't"

As the story continued the man, in fact did jump.

As they settle the bet. The first Aggie confesses "Man, I can't take your money, I saw the same story on the 6 o' clock news."

The other replied "No, you keep the $10. I saw the story on the 6 o'clock news too. I just didn't think he do it the second time." :wacko:

• 2 years later...

It happened again during the album.

Yeah he does that every time I play the album. You'd think he'd learn! ;)

Which reminds me of a joke:

Two Aggies (you heard me) were watching a story on the 10 o'clock news where a guy was seen threatening to jump off a bridge. The first Aggie makes a bet with second, "I bet he jumps."

"$10 says he doesn't"

As the story continued the man, in fact did jump.

As they settle the bet. The first Aggie confesses "Man, I can't take your money, I saw the same story on the 6 o' clock news."

The other replied "No, you keep the $10. I saw the story on the 6 o'clock news too. I just didn't think he do it the second time." :wacko:

"Aggie"??

Ok - one Aggie joke for the day:

A Texas Tech graduate, a University of Texas grad and a Texas Aggie were sitting in a bar in San Antonio. The view of the river was fantastic, the beer was ice cold and the food exceptional. "But," said the guy from Tech, "I still prefer the beer joints back in Lubbock. There's one place where the owner goes out of his way for the locals. When you buy 4 beers, he will buy the 5th."

The Longhorn said "Well, at my local bar in Austin, the owner will buy your 3rd drink after you've bought 2."

"Hell, that's nothin'," the Aggie responded. "Back in College Station there's this bar where the moment you set foot in the place they'll buy you a drink and keep them coming all night. Then when you've had enough to drink, they take you upstairs and see that you get laid. And it's all on the house."

The Red Raider and the Longhorn immediately doubted the Aggie's claims.

"And this actually happened to you?" asked the Tech grad.

"No, not myself personally," admitted the Aggie. "But it did happen to my sister."

Ok ok, one more:

There was an Aggie that was down on his luck. In order to raise some money he decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom.

He went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree and told him, "I've kidnapped you."

The Aggie wrote a note saying "I've kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning, put $10,000 in a paper bag and put it beneath the pecan tree next to the slide on the north side of the city playground. Signed, An Aggie."

The Aggie then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents.

The next morning the Aggie checked, and sure enough a paper bag was sitting beneath that pecan tree. The Aggie opened up the bag and found the $10,000 with a note. The note said, "How could one Aggie do this to another Aggie?"