MIA from the old BNBB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe's one of the smartest persons I've ever met, and a really nice person.

I thought he was here occasionally, but GOM would know, and he should be here if he can. (He's busy, very busy.)

I'll send him off an invitational email!

Lon, you can send my best sentiments to Joe to stop by here in your invite! B)

I miss his contributions too. Besides, he has a cool Kenny Dorham avatar that needs to be here!

I also wonder if some posters from the BNBB are here now but with different handles. Is Indestructible someone else here? Some other posters from the BNBB appear to be here, but also appear to be lurkers (not meant in a negative context) rather than posters.

I'd like to see more posts from Vic, Swingin' Swede, Jim R., two posters from Australia that I can't remember the handles of (argh!), and two posters from L.A. that I also can't remember the handles of (Adam was one?). This is why I needed that location information! :g

Oh yeah: Jones — if you're reading this, post up mang. :bwallace:

I think that most of the Southern Hemisphere contingent is either gone or MIA. I've seen kenny weir post. But I also remember a guy from NZ called sk@@ter, Steve Robertson and a couple of others a Peter Kenyon perhaps? and a Paul Christie?

Well, I'm still here representing downunder, although lurking daily more than posting these days. I definitely consider this my "home" board, but lurk on a daily basis at AAJ and JC, too.

I'm fully considering using another name when (if) the BNBB reopens. Maybe Aric. Or Lou Donaldson. Or Greg. Or Music Boy. Or Softsong. So many to choose from .... :lol:

I wish PFunk (if I'm remembering the handle right) was still around myself...

i think it was Pfunkjazz - i often wonder what hapenned to him.

& Reid who started an excellent thread discussing the best releases of last year .

Edited by Gary

Catesta: I do believe that Tony is Dr. J, seen here recently.

Hey, I saw that moniker and wondered... I remember mentioning him on this board once and eliciting several positive responses. I think Dan Gould was still in touch with him and mentioned that he perused this place from time to time. Glad he's here, if it is indeed him.

Yeah, what happened to PFunkjazz? I remember him getting in a verbal tussle with some newbie at the old board.

loverofjazz is now victor at AAJ. You know, the strange dude from Utah who likes muscular ladies and posts about jazz birthdays.

lukrion was upset with the way the old BNBB was going and wanted to see some forums cut back (e.g. the Political forum). So he can't be all too happy that it's been replicated here. Maybe that's why he hasn't been around.

Hope Bill Fenohr comes back. He has a lot to offer, as does the Mule.