A hiatus from the Politics Forum

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my own piece of mind, I've disabled the Politics Forum. It may return, it may not. For now, I'm planning on scrapping it for the month, just to see how things go.

Frankly, I can't keep up with it and there have been some very nasty discussions in there that have been spilling out into other areas of the board and I'm tired of it.

If enough of you complain, I'll re-instate it early. Otherwise, for the month of March, and in observation of our 2 year forum birthday, I'm disabling it so that we might be able to get along with each other a little better.

Thoughts?

This was a good idea. Why not try it for a month? I dont see what making it visible for members accomplishes. I've never understood why people come to a jazz board to discuss politics anyway

Guest DizzySpells

Who the hell is Deus?  :blink:

Great. Another frickin' athiest...

You might be confusing him with Zeus, you friggin' Moose! B-)

zeus had too many wives. He even dated a cow once. We're still recuperating... :ph34r:

He dated a bull.

A white one at that.

THAT made things a lot worse.

zeus had too many wives. He even dated a cow once. We're still recuperating... :ph34r:

He dated a bull.

A white one at that.

Sounds like a cheapshot at Andres Nocioni to me.... :wacko:

For my own piece of mind, I've disabled the Politics Forum.  It may return, it may not.  For now, I'm planning on scrapping it for the month, just to see how things go.

Frankly, I can't keep up with it and there have been some very nasty discussions in there that have been spilling out into other areas of the board and I'm tired of it.

If enough of you complain, I'll re-instate it early.  Otherwise, for the month of March, and in observation of our 2 year forum birthday, I'm disabling it so that we might be able to get along with each other a little better.

Thoughts?

This was a good idea. Why not try it for a month? I dont see what making it visible for members accomplishes. I've never understood why people come to a jazz board to discuss politics anyway

Well...if we're giving serious responses now, I really wouldn't get worked up one way or the other. If it goes, it goes; I'll still be here.

In other words, if you're trying to get rid of me, eliminating the politics won't work, Greg! ;)

Guest DizzySpells

BTW DizzySpells, you have plenty more than 10 posts now and are allowed to sell stuff. :rsly:

B000006LC1.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00009OOHB.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000AQVED.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm thinking of selling these treasures.

Not sure, though. I'm not done enjoying them to the fullest yet.

Fantastic stuff.

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

Guest DizzySpells

He dated a bull.

A white one at that.

Sounds like a cheapshot at Andres Nocioni to me.... :wacko:

Nah.

The guy doesn't have enough cojones.

Guest DizzySpells

Not to be confused wtih Eloe Omoe.

I would NEVER confuse eBay with a band "[d]riven by tandem tactics of low-end subterfuge and drum tumble, their aggressive abstractions and brown sound rumble have stopped shows, upset stomachs, rattled skulls, and melted minds. Recorded live and unrehearsed in the industrial wastelands of the Northeast, this debut release charts Eloe Omoe's real-time navigations through arrhythmic tensioning and hypersonic squall. Their clairvoyant collaborations are way-the-fuck-out and abrasive; this quick spinner offers short attention span jams of ecstatic thrash interrupted by satanic screech and space jitter."

Now if that isn't an apt description.

Not to be confused wtih Eloe Omoe.

I would NEVER confuse eBay with a band "[d]riven by tandem tactics of low-end subterfuge and drum tumble, their aggressive abstractions and brown sound rumble have stopped shows, upset stomachs, rattled skulls, and melted minds. Recorded live and unrehearsed in the industrial wastelands of the Northeast, this debut release charts Eloe Omoe's real-time navigations through arrhythmic tensioning and hypersonic squall. Their clairvoyant collaborations are way-the-fuck-out and abrasive; this quick spinner offers short attention span jams of ecstatic thrash interrupted by satanic screech and space jitter."

Now if that isn't an apt description.

You mean there's a BAND named Eloe Omoe?

Wow... :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Absholom Ben Shlomo?

What can I send you.

I'll never forget when he got a standing ovation from the crowd at an AACM concert around 1968.

Chuck, days have changed. Type in Virgil Pumphrey in google and everyone knows who he is. Admittedly, I didn't have to really, just that I had forgot what combination of arabica it was exactly, but still.

The thought is much appreciated, though! :tup