Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, mine is still not here. . . guess it's still on that truck!

Not sure what that means. . . Maybe I won't see it til after Xmas!

I wonder if mine is on the truck with yours. My tracking says it left Austin over 15 hours ago, but there is no update since then. Maybe the box decided to head down to Laredo for a quick margarita or three on the way....

I downloaded some of the songs of itunes. I just keep think how much more I would enjoy it if Keith Jarrett were not on it. Miles and the rest of the band are into it, but Jarrett just seems hellbent to prove to the bass player that this is NOT going to be a funk band. Mr. Monkeywrench.

One CD of this would do it for me. Of course, if you like this sort of thing...this might be the holy grail.

I downloaded some of the songs of itunes. I just keep think how much more I would enjoy it if Keith Jarrett were not on it. Miles and the rest of the band are into it, but Jarrett just seems hellbent to prove to the bass player that this is NOT going to be a funk band. Mr. Monkeywrench.

One CD of this would do it for me. Of course, if you like this sort of thing...this might be the holy grail.

huh-for me, Jarrett is the most essential player. His solos are the most interesting (at least after one time through the whole set)

I generally agree with you.. and if I didn't catch it at the CDU

"mistake" price of $38 I probably wouldn't have gotten it... but it was REALLY hard yto pass up.... I do like Gary Bartz' playing on this though....

It's coming via Brown. I wish it were USPS instead. Brown and I are not pals. The drivers here won't leave packages sometimes because there is construction going on across the street, even though the senders haven't required a signature. It's really because there are "Mexicans" across the street the one driver told me. I refrained from going in to a tirade about that and called their office. . . who told me "it's the driver's call."

:tdown on that crap.

I don't choose UPS if I can help it now. This all came to a head after the original Cellar Door was placed, and I didn't want to jinx that order.

It's cool to wait, though I just had my best jazz friend here stop off to show me his new Mazda and I would have loved to show him that set. . . but NO!

It's coming via Brown...

The drivers here won't leave packages sometimes because there is construction going on across the street, even though the senders haven't required a signature. It's really because there are "Mexicans" across the street the one driver told me.

So Brown don't dig Brown, eh?

:tdown indeed!

I believe if this had shipped USPS it would have already arrived here in Corpus Christi, too.

This package shipped on Monday....nothing at all happened on Tuesday or Thursday. It appears to have sat somewhere both days. As well as yesterday and today for the most part.

I'm going to be out of town next week too, so when it DOES arrive I hope they leave it and don't return to sender. :(:angry:

Edited by Aggie87

It's coming via Brown. I wish it were USPS instead. Brown and I are not pals. The drivers here won't leave packages sometimes because there is construction going on across the street, even though the senders haven't required a signature. It's really because there are "Mexicans" across the street the one driver told me.

That's funny, the "Mexican" neighbors across the street from my house usually keep an eye on things to make sure no one bothers the packages that are left on my doorstep. Guess your Brown guy needs to get up to speed on how things really work. :blink:

Back to the Cellar Door set, my scheduled delivery (via UPS) is 12/27, but I was kinda hoping it might get here early since it showed up as "arrival scan" here in Houston yesterday morning, but so far no such luck. I figure they're probably pretty busy with last-minute pre-Christmas deliveries today.

Dave

Edited by Dave Garrett

I love Jarrett's work on this. . .the tension and interplay between all players makes each of them essential here.

Yup. I haven't heard everything from the box, but have heard "other" recordings of this group. It's not my favorite of Miles's electric groups, but this was definitely a great ensemble.

Guy