Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the same box design as the other Legacy reissues. So does it have a number 8 on the spine?

no number, probably because it doesn't fit with the rest of the series as it is a live set, like the Plugged Nickel and the Blackhawk.

This is the first I have heard of the non-Live Evil stuff, and it is great. There is a lot more Bartz and Jarrett improvisations than I heard on the Live-Evil material, which of course had McLaughlin

not metal here. so where is this sticker they had to put on back in october? I don't see it anywhere

Some are with metal spine and some are not?

The Silent Way box does not have a metal spine, nor does the Cellar Door box, apparently. But they look similar to the other boxes in the series.

The Blackhawk and Plugged Nickel boxes are not of the same design as the other Columbia boxes.

This is like Chinese water torture, watching this package slowly make its way to Texas...

Monday 19 Dec:

6:29 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

6:33 P.M. NORTH HAVEN, CT, US ORIGIN SCAN

10:30 P.M. NORTH HAVEN, CT, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Wednesday, 21 Dec:

4:25 A.M. HODGKINS, IL, US ARRIVAL SCAN

4:02 P.M. HODGKINS, IL, US DEPARTURE SCAN

I like the set more than the Jack Johnson set. Gary Bartz, and really everyone else, is one fire throughout. It is the leanest electric Miles I have heard, and the closest he got to a funk/rock band. Jarrett is particularly magnificent as well. Definitely ALOT more blues in his playing than he usually has.

As much as I love the Jack Johnson set, I find it a bit hard to listen to for long period, unless you take out all the alternate takes. Its very easy to put on the Cellar Door for long periods.

I also heard it on public radio last night while driving home from a christmas party.

not metal here. so where is this sticker they had to put on back in october? I don't see it anywhere

Some are with metal spine and some are not?

Lame joke on my part. None are metal spine.

Not to get creepy about the packaging but whatever that box material is made of, anyone else think it feels like... skin? :rfr

I like the set more than the Jack Johnson set. Gary Bartz, and really everyone else, is one fire throughout. It is the leanest electric Miles I have heard, and the closest he got to a funk/rock band. Jarrett is particularly magnificent as well. Definitely ALOT more blues in his playing than he usually has.

As much as I love the Jack Johnson set, I find it a bit hard to listen to for long period, unless you take out all the alternate takes. Its very easy to put on the Cellar Door for long periods.

I also heard it on public radio last night while driving home from a christmas party.

To deal with the Jack Johnson issue you referred to, I created a couple of playlists in iTunes that don't duplicate takes. Makes for some very tasty listening that way.

My Cellar Door should be arriving soon :)

Well that's because I still don't believe it's shipping.

In fact, I'm suspicious that all of the posts above claiming that it is shipping, along with posters saying that they have it in their hands is all fabricated. Not just the posts, but the ultimate setup of all by Sony/BMG/Miles's nephew is that the posters themselves have been created, all the better to fool me into thinking this thing will be at my door on December 27, 2005.

Well you aren't going to fool me again. This is the most elaborate sting in the history of the music business, a conspiracy years in the making. Not until I play all 6 discs (heck, they might slip 6 discs of Chris Botti in there instead) will I believe I have it. :ph34r:

Um, actually I'm really looking forward to it! But it really is hard to believe it's finally happening...if indeed it is. ;)

Shoulda gone with Fedex...

This is like Chinese water torture, watching this package slowly make its way to Texas...

Monday 19 Dec:

6:33 P.M. NORTH HAVEN, CT, US ORIGIN SCAN

10:30 P.M. NORTH HAVEN, CT, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Wednesday, 21 Dec:

4:02 P.M. HODGKINS, IL, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Friday, 23 Dec:

1:16 A.M. DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US ARRIVAL SCAN

2:31 A.M. DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US DEPARTURE SCAN

6:15 A.M. AUSTIN, TX, US ARRIVAL SCAN

edit:

8:38 A.M. AUSTIN, TX, US DEPARTURE SCAN

hmmm...could it get here today??

Edited by Aggie87

Well Eric. . . since your tracking results and mine were identical yesterday, I bet they look similar today:

Dec 23, 2005

7:03 A.M.

AUSTIN, TX, US

OUT FOR DELIVERY

5:11 A.M. AUSTIN, TX, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Dec 21, 2005

9:31 A.M.

HODGKINS, IL, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

Dec 19, 2005

10:30 P.M.

NORTH HAVEN, CT, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

8:24 P.M. NORTH HAVEN, CT, US ORIGIN SCAN

6:51 P.M. NORTH HAVEN, CT, US ORIGIN SCAN

Tracking results provided by UPS: Dec 23, 2005 11:15 A.M. Eastern Time (USA)

Edited by jazzbo

Well Eric. . . since your tracking results and mine were identical yesterday, I bet they look similar today:

Dec 23, 2005

7:03 A.M.

AUSTIN, TX, US

OUT FOR DELIVERY

5:11 A.M. AUSTIN, TX, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Dec 21, 2005

9:31 A.M.

HODGKINS, IL, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

Dec 19, 2005

10:30 P.M.

NORTH HAVEN, CT, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

8:24 P.M. NORTH HAVEN, CT, US ORIGIN SCAN

6:51 P.M. NORTH HAVEN, CT, US ORIGIN SCAN

Tracking results provided by UPS: Dec 23, 2005 11:15 A.M. Eastern Time (USA)

If Erik's is out for delivery in Austin, he's in trouble.