What Are You Watching

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Image result for prime suspect complete dvd

Continuing to work my way through classic tv series. I thought this would compliment Line Of Duty.

Jane Tennison blazed the way for all female coppers that followed in her wake, and is still as sharp as the day she was created, with a peerless performance by Helen Mirren.

The supporting cast is studded with now famous thespians .

Kind of makes me throw up my hands at the banal stuff on tv these days.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:09 PM, ghost of miles said:

Starting tonight: 718m%2BaUo5QL._SY445_.jpg

:tup 

For some reason, I started to watch Band of Brothers again. What a terrific series. 

Saw this a couple of weeks ago, a series about intrigue in Australia. Well worth a watch.  

IMG_0915-L.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 6:36 PM, Matthew said:

Star Trek: The Original Series -- The Cage. Falling in love with the Original Series again, it's fun and inventive. I remember all the episodes from watching it to death in much younger days, but it has aged well.

Talosians_3-571560313df78c3fa22704ed.jpg

"... plus unusually strong female drives."

2 hours ago, kinuta said:

Great film:tup

Agreed. I just saw "Shoplifters", another excellent Asian film. Korea and Japan seem to have been making the best films for quite a while. I can't even count the number of great Korean films I've seen in the last four years. From "The Wailing" to "Memories of Murder' to "A Tale of Two Sisters", it just goes on and on.

In Japan, my favorite filmmaker is Shion Sono. I've seen almost every film he's made, and I have yet to see one that is even mediocre.

I saw Shoplifters too, but Burning was much better imo.

Korea is making more films of interest to me than Japan these days. They have a boldness and willingness to push things that is quite different from here, although the geographical difference is small, the outlook is hugely different.

I've see all the films you mention . The Wailing really blew me away, as did the zombie epic Train To Busan. That really impressed me with how a talented and creative team could take something as worn out as a zombie theme and turn it into something Hitchcock would have approved of.

On 28.2.2019 at 11:06 PM, kinuta said:

Image result for prime suspect complete dvd

Continuing to work my way through classic tv series. I thought this would compliment Line Of Duty.

Jane Tennison blazed the way for all female coppers that followed in her wake, and is still as sharp as the day she was created, with a peerless performance by Helen Mirren.

The supporting cast is studded with now famous thespians .

Kind of makes me throw up my hands at the banal stuff on tv these days.

A groundbreaking crime series for sure ....

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Traitors (Netflix). Mildly entertaining about the post OSS days. 

Just finished that one.  A bit facile, but seems to capture the post-war Britain that's in my mind.  I'm a fan of the beautiful Keeley Hawes, and am impressed that for her role, she's been made to look so dowdy...

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

Mr. Lucky, and Peter Gunn. Both on Amazon Prime. First time really watching either, they're fun.

Dobie Gillis is also on AP. Cool show daddio! 

I'm watching on AP Corner Gas Season 1. Never heard of the show before, just looking for something different, and I can't tell if the humor is subtle or boring, but I'm hooked.

yoast-sitcom-fb.png