What Are You Watching

Chernobyl  final part.

Extraordinary, sad, enlightening and just plain brilliant tv drama.

I think this is so good it will eventually be ranked alongside the likes of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as one of tv's finest hours.

Edited by kinuta

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/4/2019 at 2:52 PM, kinuta said:

Chernobyl  final part.

Extraordinary, sad, enlightening and just plain brilliant tv drama.

I think this is so good it will eventually be ranked alongside the likes of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as one of tv's finest hours.

I just finished watching this too, and I agree completely. I thought it was outstanding.

gregmo

Nearly halfway through season 2 of The Man In The High Castle. Very compelling, expansive adaptation of Dick’s novel, and visually stunning—they do a great job of creating an alternative 1962. Two of the main characters—Frank and Juliana—can be annoying at times, but in general I’m really hooked on the show. I gather the final season will be dropping sometime this autumn.

The Office: Season 1. Haven't seen the episodes since they first aired. I'm surprised how good they are, as I remember not being too impressed when I first watched them, but knowing how everything turns out, I look and see the seeds of all the good stuff to come in this season.

51U-q9kAscL._RI_SX380_.jpg

Edited by Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 7:52 AM, catesta said:

I always thought it would have been cool if they went a little deeper into the 70s. Nonetheless, it's still a great show with some very clever lines and spots of humor.

Don Draper dropping the kids off at Henry and Betty's new house, "give Morticia and Lurch my love,"

I rewatched "Mad Men" a couple of months ago.  Few things in life are as good as they were the first time, but this comes awfully close.  Brilliant writing and a pitch perfect cast.  Choosing from amongst "Mad Men""The             Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" as the B.O.A.T. would be a tall order indeed.  I'm also a big fan of "Dexter" although, admittedly, it's not everyone's cup of Joe, but my sleeper in the serialized television wars is "Six Feet Under".  

Edited by Dave James