What Are You Watching

Hannibal season finale. Thank goodness this show was recently renewed. This is a Sopranos quality show imo. Never feels rushed despite the 40/41 minutes episode length. Mads Mikkelsen is the definitive screen Hannibal Lecter. I hope people will catch onto this show so it will get better ratings domestically for season 2.

Comparing Hannibal to The Following is like comparing haute cuisine to McDonalds, seriously.

Did someone compare "Hannibal" to "The Following"?

Of course they are two different dramas about two different kinds of evil. No comparison.

IMO,both Mikkelsen and Brian Cox [in the first version of "Red Dragon", which was seen on television as "Manhunter"] were better cast in the Lecter role than Anthony Hopkins.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching a lot of Dr. Who with my son. The new series. We're on the third season, so 10th Doctor, David Tennant.

I recently completed watching the seasons featuring the 11th doctor (Matt Smith). That was my first experience with actually watching Doctor Who, a show that I've been aware of since I was a kid but had never really sat down and tried to watch it. I became hooked quickly and blasted through the available episodes.

I'm working my way back to the 2005 reboot now.

Been watching a lot of Dr. Who with my son. The new series. We're on the third season, so 10th Doctor, David Tennant.

I recently completed watching the seasons featuring the 11th doctor (Matt Smith). That was my first experience with actually watching Doctor Who, a show that I've been aware of since I was a kid but had never really sat down and tried to watch it. I became hooked quickly and blasted through the available episodes.

I have a similar experience having watched a few episodes in the '70s (I had cousins overseas who were ga ga about it) but never in a dedicated way. I finally watched the reboot season a couple of months ago. Right away in the first episode there were things about it that reminded me of Buffy. In a way this makes sense since Wheadon sure seems to love everything British. There's a two-parter that's extremely great in the reboot season btw. I intend to continue on but recently re-watched I, Claudius for the 5th or 6th time and picked up a cheap blu-ray of Rome for a 2nd go round (I should have done this in reverse order to make the timeline more ordered, but oh well), so I've been spending a lot of time there.

Yeah, I've been aware of Doctor Who all my life too, but never had any interest in it. Then my son got into it over the past year or so, and got me to start with the 9th Doctor, Eccleston. When I told him that I couldn't imagine liking anyone in the role as much as Eccleston, he said, "You never forget your first Doctor."

The Following has truly awful writing. So hey, if crime drama cliches are your thing. I find it loathsome. :bad:

I'm a fan of Kevin Bacon's work and I think, he is excellent in this "cliche drama."

I continued to watch the series because I watch anything he does.

There are few truly original ideas and this series is no exception. It's fiction, not a documentary, so I treat it as entertainment, not fact.

Edited by patricia

I'm a fan of Kevin Bacon's work and I think, he is excellent in this "cliche drama."

I continued to watch the series because I watch anything he does.

There are few truly original ideas and this series is no exception. It's fiction, not a documentary, so I treat it as entertainment, not fact.

Nothing against Kevin Bacon. Usually I either like a show or feel indifferent. The Following is different. I should not have fast forwarded through more of the season after initially tuning out near the beginning.

Just because it's fiction is no excuse to serve pink slime, Bacon or no Bacon.

I rented a couple of discs of the 1974 ITV Father Brown series.

First disc was pretty good - The Hammer of God was by far the best (and "edgiest") episode, but others were OK.

I think I may have seen some of these episodes way back in the day, but my memory is hazy (did the series ever air on PBS in the '70s?).

Star Trek Voyager Season 4

Star-Trek-Voyager---Season-4-Front-Cover

Working my way through the season in fits and starts. Some episodes are good quality SF, others are, shall we say, same old same old.

I like the concept of Voyager, the epic voyage home, although I sometimes have doubts that I'll ever finish the whole series !

Family Tree HBO

75863585.jpg

Really got into the first episode, the characters , dry humour and rich eccentricity held my attention for the 25 minute running time. :)

Finally getting around to watching this - "dry humour" is right! Seen about 4-5 episodes now.

Very much a typical Chris Guest production, but with a little more edge - almost a Ricky Gervais-like awkwardness.