Che banned?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I was just joking (Up to a point) Most of his views were in line with most of the folks here, with the one very big exception!

I beg to differ, B. His "views" consisted entirely of empty slogans, tired cliches, belaboring of the obvious, and, when all else failed, "read Chomski". HE seemed to be totally lacking in nuance, the ability to ponder ambiguity, and of doing anything other than parroting a relatively few worn-out lines over and over. I preume to speak for no one but myself, but I would be very surprised if any of the thoughtful members of the "left" on this board viewed him as "one of us". I sure as hell didn't.

Now, if my description of che above as a simpleminded sloganeer makes those on the right say, "HA! How is that any different than any of you other guys?", then we have a problem. Ditto for for the lefties thinking that of the right. A BIG problem.

I know the rhetoric gets pretty heated in the political discussions more often than not, but really - when cool heads prevail and the focus is on light rather than heat, I think it's obvious that most of the participants are intellegent and thoughtful individuals who bring a variety of nuanced perspectives to any given issue. Che did not seem to be capable of doing that, not at all. If he had it in him, he never showed it, not that I saw. He was a one-trick pony. Two, maybe. Three on a really good day, with the wind blowing out. This is from a "political" perspective. Musically, hey, whatever, no judgements on that from me.

His views were in line with most of the folks here the same way that an Etch-A-Sketch is in line with a handwritten letter.

HEY SANRGY DID YOU MAKE ANYMORE OF THAT BRISKIT I COULD EAT A SHITLOAD OF THAT.

THAT WUZ SLIGHTADVANTAGEREDO YOU NDMBSAS YU NO - GREG WAIST

mutherfukker didn't even invite ME over for any... :rmad::rmad::rmad:

Im gonna get HIS ass banned for that! :g:g:g

His "views" consisted entirely of empty slogans, tired cliches, belaboring of the obvious, and, when all else failed, "read Chomski".  HE seemed to be totally lacking in nuance, the ability to ponder ambiguity, and of doing anything other than parroting a relatively few worn-out lines over and over. I preume to speak for no one but myself, but I would be very surprised if any of the thoughtful members of the "left" on this board viewed him as "one of us". I sure as hell didn't.

The frightening thing is that he claimed to be a child psychiatrist! Teachers tend to be pretty cynical about child psychiatrists (as child psychiatrists are of teachers!). I'd not like to think about the state one of my more difficult children would come back in after a few sessions. "Of course I'm not doing any bloody homework. Chomsky says..." Or maybe he'd just hand the homework in in Finnish!

He set the wheels in motion for his expulsion from AAJ just after the US elections. Most comments were of disappointment/despair from the mainly liberal minded posters. 'Che' proceeded to tell them that they were part of the problem. Some very mild-mannered, easy-going posters got very upset.

He did seem to learn from that; his anti-Americanism was largely kept in check here...but I was just waiting for it to break out. In the event he put his foot in it elsewhere.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

If you go far enough to the right, or to left, you end up meeting your "enemy".

A very poignant observation no matter what side you're on.

I agree with this.

Ok, Berigan. I see where you're coming from now.

(though I don't really totally agree with all of the statements made).

Edited by rostasi

Well, whatever faults Che had he didn't show himself to be quite so self righteously patronising as some of you on this thread.

Well, I think what you see as "self righteously patronising"

is what many of us probably see as commentary on bizarre behaviour.

Also, I think there's a natural human desire to contrast and compare -

not for self-aggrandisement, but rather, to try and understand what people

are trying to achieve with such behaviour. The idea that guys like Aric and Che

may not have learned from their continual banning from forums or their being shunned

by their fellow human beings - that maybe their ideas need to be re-evaluated or presented in

a less aggresive manner - is something that, I think, many of us here find a bit puzzling. After

all, the guy just moves over to another forum and changes not one whit!

Edited by rostasi

Well, whatever faults Che had he didn't show himself to be quite so self righteously patronising as some of you on this thread.

You know, one of the problems we have here is that this place really is more of a "hanging with pals at the bar" type board. In 'real life' (and I apologize for using that term) it's easy to deal with irritants, simply by ignoring them, or if they're too thick to take the hint, tossing their ass out of the bar. I don't see why it should be that different here.

You know, one of the problems we have here is that this place really is more of a "hanging with pals at the bar" type board. In 'real life' (and I apologize for using that term) it's easy to deal with irritants, simply by ignoring them, or if they're too thick to take the hint, tossing their ass out of the bar. I don't see why it should be that different here.

"Problem?" Were that my whole life were this problematic! B-)

1ngram, that statement about che is complete and total bullshit. che NOT "patronising?" Hell, that was #1 on his list of faults! If we're too "patronising" for you, you could always follow your comrade, and his one-track-one-trick-mind, over to JC. :angry:

I didnt say he wasnt patronising, I was comparing his "unconscious" with some people here's "conscious" staments - comparing someone to a mongoloid, only giving him a nickname after he is safely out of sight - you know the kind of thing a feart little boy does after the big bad bully is out of sight.

BTW he wasn't a comrade of mine, far too right wing for me.

Well, Ingram, I see your point, but otoh, we were kind of between a rock and a hard place here. When he first came on board, a lot of people jumped all over his ass, and that came to be viewed as piling on or some such. And it kinda was, after a point. So what then? Collective teeth-gritting, PMs exchanged (I got a couple - they were "nice" in tone. I responded sincerely yet respectfully, and although I was never fully disabused of the martyr notion, I think a mutual attitude of "tolerant agreement/respectful disagreement" was struck) and, in general, a collective sense that it was just a matter of time before this guy burnt out, imploded, whatever, so we were just goiing to have to ride it out.

Which we did, mostly, and sure enough, he did just what was expected. BOOM! So some of what's going on here is nothing more than a collective exhalation after a slightly-longer-than-expected holding of the breath and biting of the tongue. Not necessarily mature or whatever, but hey, hopefully it'll be over as soon as normal oxygen levels are restored...

I myself am more than willing to move on, strike it up as another chapter in the Never-Ending Adventures Of Cyberspace, and call the Department of Homeland Security to alert them of his impending arrival in Nova Scotia. :g

Seriously, if the guy really is nothing more than a troll, or a really nasty fuckhead, well, good riddance to bad rubbish. But if he's some "regular" guy who really doesn't understand how his manner annoys (at best) and deeply offends (at worst) so many people, and who reaches frustration saturation point a little too soon for his or anybody else's good, here's hoping that sooner or later he gets a clue, acts on it, and grows up/out/whatever. Everybody's got baggage, but some people seem to seem to be unable to check thiers at the curb before boarding...

Edited by JSngry