"Permanently Banned"

A friend of mine has certain expectations with commercial establishments and when those expectations are not met in an especially egregious manner, or are not met on a regular basis, he places those stores/restaurants on the Permanently Banned list. Some bans are location specific (certain Boston Market restaurants) and some are chain-wide (Miami Sub).

Why do I bring this up? Two reasons. First to declare that WALGREENS is the first entry on my Permanently Banned list. Why? The handling of the film from my Boston trip. You see, I took quite a few shots in "panoramic" mode but when I got the film, none of the pictures were developed that way. I questioned this, and was told that someone would double-check the film and call me back. The next day, I was called back and told that none of the shots were "panoramic" and that I should have my camera checked and fixed. This surprised me, but I came back to pick up the film and the CDRs of the rolls.

I get home and pop the CDRs into the PC and what do I find? Panoramic shots, clear as day. :angry:

I went back to the Walgreens and told them what had happened. They put the CDR into the Kodak film kiosk, and there it was, plain as day, panoramic shots next to non-panoramic shots. Unmistakeable. I showed him the same shot in the form they had developed it ... and he still denied that these were panoramic shots. He then manipulated the image into a 4X6 and showed it to me, assuring me that this was what was on the disc and what was developed and printed by them.

I went :crazy::crazy: and stormed out of the store and headed to the nearest CVS Pharmacy and told them what I was dealing with. She took one roll, picked a shot and printed it out, and how did it come out? Panoramic. So, now, because it is a reprint, I am looking at .99 a shot to get the pictures in the form Walgreens should have developed them in in the first place.

To make a long story short, the manager refused to compensate me in any way for their incompetence, and so, Walgreens is on the Permanently Banned list.

So, to get back to the purposes of this thread, what companies are on your permanently banned list? Believe me, it helps to vent!

... I've got a feeling there's someone here who has Bananas Records on their permanently banned list ... :w;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, are they permanently banned because they've done you wrong or for socioeconomic reasons?

"Permanently Banned" does not refer to choosing not to give $$ to a particular company because you hate their business practices. Its about no longer shopping at a particular store or company that you have previously shopped at, due to gross incompetence and/or a refusal to make good on their failures.

I forgot that the closest Borders is on the permanently banned list. It has a pathetic-sized jazz section, and when I stopped their looking for a Fathead/Ray Charles release a few months ago, I asked at the "Help" desk about it. The name escaped me for a moment, and she ended up latching onto a different title, one that was not to be released for another week or two. In the meantime, on the "Title Sleuth" computer, I had found the title I was looking for, and it showed that there was one copy on hand. I tried to explain and get her to look for that title, but she continued to insist that the title I was looking for would not be issued for another week and to come back then. She then brusquely dismissed me and went on to the next customer. I walked off, but not before spotting the manager at the front of the store and telling her why I would never ever step inside her store again. :excited:

Edited by Dan Gould

Well, Dan, shouldn't Walgreens be on a location specific ban list until you've had a chance to complain up the ladder a bit?

I only say this because Walgreens is a Chicago based company and therefore you should bow down to their greatness.

But, joking aside, I've been in some Walgreens around here that have people that will bend over backwards to help out. Incompetent management can go a long way, as you've just seen, and therefore, it should be pointed out and corrected, not fussed about because one manager was a nincompoop.

There's only one place that's on my permanently banned list for incompetence, and that's Pizza Metro right down the street from me. Absolutely the worst pizza of all time.

I'm with Mark on the Wal-Mart/Sam's Club thing though.

I forgot that the closest Borders is on the permanently banned list. 

The one in Orlando? If so, I've been there and have to agree, but unfortunately they're all (at least the ones in Texas) starting to look like that now.

No, the onein Boynton Beach. Much closer than the one in Boca Raton, but worthless for the aforementioned reasons. Fortunately, the Boca store is much bigger, too.

Momma's Pizza on Parker in Plano, for nine years running. A video game in their restaurant malfunctioned for my daughter, and the punkass podhead behind the counter refused, steadfastly refused, to refund her quarter, even after a calm & reasoned parental pleading. She was five at the time! So F-U-C-K, FUCK Mamma's Pizza on Parker in Plano. They'll shaft a kid for 25 cents and have an attitude while doing it. Let them go suck on a dead dog's rotten cock and gag on their own puke while doing it. Forever.

I can, sometimes, be quickly angered about certain customer service faux-pas(s), but I can be just as, if not more, easily assuaged, You fuck with my kids, though, and you are dead to me.

A guy that used to work for me got a job as music buyer for a local Borders.

He left in frustration because the employees hated "that avant-garde shit" he would buy.

I have to admit, after he left, I took advantage of all the deep discounts on the stuff

that was left that they couldn't sell - stuff ordered thru Cadence Distribution mostly!

---

Now playing: Anthony Braxton - Tangerine

Domino's pizza

Mostly because it is bad, but also because of it's past owner Tom Monaghan.  Stupid I know, but you get stuck in a rut.  And it's just not good enough to break a long habit.

I didn't know that Monaghan was gone...

still won't change my mind tho.

Crappy pizza anyhow...

Generally, overall (nationwide) bans for me reflect corporate policies

and unattractive sheepleness of customers: never been in a McDonalds, Burger King,

Starbucks (even one time when I had to pee like a racehorse)

and other places that are high on the social "must-gos" list.

Local business bans happen, and I'm delighted when they finally go out of business.

(Take that Bayard Electronics!)

---

Now playing: Anthony Braxton - Tangerine

Mark, are they permanently banned because they've done you wrong or for socioeconomic reasons?

Hmmm...tough question. What actually landed them on my banned list was there demand for censored CDs. As a music fan, I took it personal. So, while I'd say it's because they've done me wrong, I can see where others would disagree. I've never spent a dime there, so they probably don't qualify.

Hmmm...tough question.  What actually landed them on my banned list was there demand for censored CDs.  As a music fan, I took it personal.  So, while I'd say it's because they've done me wrong, I can see where others would disagree.  I've never spent a dime there, so they probably don't qualify.

Good for you Mark! :tup

---

Now playing: King Tubby & The Aggrovators - Blood Dunza [Version]

Generally, overall (nationwide) bans for me reflect corporate policies

and unattractive sheepleness of customers: never been in a McDonalds, Burger King,

Starbucks (even one time when I had to pee like a racehorse)

and other places that are high on the social "must-gos" list.

Local business bans happen, and I'm delighted when they finally go out of business.

(Take that Bayard Electronics!)

Just to be clear, the former is not a "Permanent Ban" as my friend coined the phrase. The latter, however, most definitely is.