Beer Recommendations

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

had some of them Dogfish 90 Minute IPAs over the weekend.

good stuff, but alas I was straightened right up when the bill came! premium brew.

now what's with the electric-football-game hopping?

& a rec for anybody out in Cleveland - had a chance to check out Bar Cento across from the West Side Market last week.

Belgian beer houz with the best duck fat fries - oh my oh my!

medium_friesbarcentro.jpg

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

• 7 months later...

Picked up a bottle of this Brew yesterday. Have no idea what it tastes like, but hopefully

it's better than that godawful Panther Ale that besmirched the Three Stooges' name.

DFH_miles_davis.png

In honor of the 40th anniversary of the original release of Bitches Brew, Miles Davis' 1970

paradigm-shifting landmark fusion breakthrough, we've created our own Bitches Brew - a bold, dark beer

that's a fusion of three threads imperial stout and one thread honey beer with gesho root, a gustatory

analog to Miles' masterpiece.Featuring the album's iconic artwork, created by the late Mati Klarwein,

on its label.

continue reading

Edited by sonnymax

franziskaner-klein.jpg

I love hefeweizen in summer, and this is a great one.

I love hefeweizen in Summer too... and Fall, and Winter, and Spring. :)

Widmer is the highly accessible, regular favorite that I keep on hand constantly. I like Franziskaner, but among the imports I've tried (some in side-by-side taste tests)...

20100722hefeweizstory.jpg

my personal favorites are Paulaner (loved the smooth taste, as well as the carbonation) and Weihenstephaner (so rich and flavorful... it's always sad when the glass goes empty).

franziskaner-klein.jpg

Widmer is the highly accessible, regular favorite that I keep on hand constantly. I like Franziskaner, but among the imports I've tried (some in side-by-side taste tests)...

my personal favorites are Paulaner (loved the smooth taste, as well as the carbonation) and Weihenstephaner (so rich and flavorful... it's always sad when the glass goes empty).

I've had all of those at one time or another, but when it comes to hefeweizen I've probably put more of these away over the years than any other:

197177744_4be6883e41.jpg

franziskaner-klein.jpg

I've had all of those at one time or another, but when it comes to hefeweizen I've probably put more of these away over the years than any other:

197177744_4be6883e41.jpg

Dave, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes open for that one.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"gimme the worst beer in the house," i asked of chad and joyce, my favorite bartenders and knowledgeable beer ultra snobs, on one of my few sober days.

folks, seeing my pathetic beverage selection, were asking me what was wrong.

chad quickly served up this tepid classic:

Picture007-16.jpg

Picture013-18.jpg

Picture012-19.jpg

joycer suggested the equally pathetic:

216_a.jpg

Edited by alocispepraluger102

unibroue-trois-pistoles-213528111.jpg

tumblr_leydtshJI71qfgw8xo1_400.jpg

lusicous, spicy, fruity, malty.

a stunning brew!!!!!

Is that actually a Duvel or just the glass?

I love the regular and dark Duvel but tend to not try all these fruity and otherwise flavored ones... but nothing beats Belgian beer anyway! (Well, maybe French Belzebuth... very strong one, tastes best after a couple of hours in the freezer)