Beer Recommendations

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a "black and tan" recently -- can't beat the combination of Bass and Guinness, but Smithwicks works pretty good, too.

Big fan of the black and tan, or a Guinness and Harp, which some refer to as a "Half and Half". Of course, a straight Guiness is a beautiful thing, which is why wolff's avatar always makes my heart skip a beat. :wub::P

fr_belz50-001a.jpg

Belzebuth - 500 ml (2004)

Pur Malt - 11,8 - Extra Strong - Alc. 11,8% Vol. - 50cl e

Bière "Pur Malt" La Plus Forte du Monde

Canned in Holland

Cette Bière de Fermentation Haute est Brassée dans la plus Authentique Tradition Brassicole avec uniquement du Pur Malt Sélectionné, du Houblon et uneLevure d'Excellente Facture

Brassée par : Brasserie Grain d'Orge - 38, rue Anatole France 59790 Ronchain - France

:tup

Had a "black and tan" recently -- can't beat the combination of Bass and Guinness, but Smithwicks works pretty good, too.

Big fan of the black and tan, or a Guinness and Harp, which some refer to as a "Half and Half".

:) From the Guinness "Black and Tan FAQ":

So, Black and Tan, Half and Half, B&T, Half'n'alf, it all depends on where you are and who you ask. When your bartender is a 240 lb., 6'4" fellow named O'Malley, a Black & Tan, or a Half-and-Half, is whatever he says it is!

:o:D

Big fan of the black and tan, or a Guinness and Harp, which some refer to as a "Half and Half".

:) From the Guinness "Black and Tan FAQ":

So, Black and Tan, Half and Half, B&T, Half'n'alf, it all depends on where you are and who you ask. When your bartender is a 240 lb., 6'4" fellow named O'Malley, a Black & Tan, or a Half-and-Half, is whatever he says it is!

:o:D

Yeah, it gets a little confusing. But they're all damn tasty!!!

fr_belz50-001a.jpg

Belzebuth - 500 ml (2004)

Pur Malt - 11,8 - Extra Strong - Alc. 11,8% Vol. - 50cl e

Bière "Pur Malt" La Plus Forte du Monde

:eye::wacko::crazy: !!!

Canned in Holland

Cette Bière de Fermentation Haute est Brassée dans la plus Authentique Tradition Brassicole avec uniquement du Pur Malt Sélectionné, du Houblon et une Levure d'Excellente Facture

Brassée par : Brasserie Grain d'Orge - 38, rue Anatole France 59790 Ronchain - FRANCE

:g:cool:

Just enjoyed my first-ever one of these:

2126.jpg

Has anyone tried any of their other beers?

How about the New Belgium Birre de Mars? Have seen that around and been intrigued...

Also, I am trying to find good places to buy beer in this town. I have been wholly underwhelmed by the two Trader Joe's I've visited so far. BevMo seems somewhat better, but still fairly expensive and with limited selection. Anchor Steam/Liberty Ale was cheaper at the Trader Joe's in freakin' Boston; they don't even seem to carry it at TJ's here. Is it possible to find a 6-pack of the stuff for under $7?