Beer Recommendations

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a scot it hurts me to say it but there are three great English beers, at least two of which are available in bottles. At one end of the spectrum is Bass, at the other the bitterness of Timothy Taylor's Landlord and, in the middle the immaculate Courage Directors Bitter. I dont know if any are available across the pond but if they are try them out.

For Scots beer try Deuchars IPA or ther MacEwens 90/-, both available in bottles (though the Deuchars tastes much better on draught, IMHO)

My favorite brews:

Negra Modelo

Sapporo

Taj Mahal

Sam Adams Boston Lager

Samuel Smith's and Pilsner Urquell are both tasty, too!

Heineken, which imo is skunky and nasty by the time it reaches the States, was tasty in Amsterdam.

Not a "sophisticated" call, but my current cheap, summer beverage is the "counterfeit" Fosters (brewed in Canadia). It is very refreshing on a hot day and available around here for about $8.50 for a 12 pack. Don't know about the distribution - could not find it in MO or IA this summer.

I'm partial to the local beers in Stuttgart. Dinkel Acker has a nice Marzen, though the normal pilsners taste plenty good (in the 1 Liter Mass size, of course!) at the Canstatter Volksfest:

volksfest_visual.jpg

Also, I haven't had a bad Czech beer yet - Gambrinus and Lobkowicz are both pretty tasty.

Not a "sophisticated" call, but my current cheap, summer beverage is the "counterfeit" Fosters (brewed in Canadia). It is very refreshing on a hot day and available around here for about $8.50 for a 12 pack. Don't know about the distribution - could not find it in MO or IA this summer.

I like the 'fake Fosters' too. They have it on tap at our Outback restaurants--it's the coldest, best stuff! The food there is so-so, but you can't go wrong sitting at the bar with a hunk of cheese fries and a cold Fosters draft. :wub:

I can drink bud or coors under certain conditions (PB Block Party), but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Guy

Been a long time since I could say that!

Which part... "under certain conditions" or "draw the line"? :)

Guy

I think "draw the line" is correct.

I wanna walk into Rachel's Outback and have some fish. :cool: