upcoming selects

clearly you know something we don't know... You got some 'splaining to do....

:unsure::unsure:

Didn't see too many postings about the 2 upcoming selects (Pacific Jazz Trio's & Charles Toliver).

I'm going to buy them although I have most of the Tolliver and some of the Piano Trios (not the Clare Fischer's).

hmmm... now I'm definitely intrigued.....

Anyone know when we'll be able to pre-order???? :D:D

Hey and when is our "official email" from Mosaic (announcing some new stuff - presumably the Crusaders box... and MAYBE those two Selects>) due? Aren't we due to get one soon?

I've been looking at the Charles Tolliver stuff over at amg.... nothing on Blue Note, Pacific Jazz or World Pacific...

What the heck is going to be on that set? I see that he's released a lot of live stuff on his own label (Strata-East)... Do they work out an agreement with him to release that stuff??? :D:D:party:

But please tell they're NOT going to slice and dice and pull the stuff from the Jackie McLean box and use that??? :o:o

details - details - details..... :wacko:

It would really be good news if Mosaic were starting to  compile and  release the Strata East label!

Hell yeah it would!

This Tolliver set has me really fired up... and I don't even know what the hell is on it yet! I look forward to seeing the description on Mosaic's website (soon, I hope!).

Cheers,

Shane

I thought I'd check first before I get replies with links to other threads which discuss it at length...

The Tolliver will be Strata East material. All the small group recordings with the Music Inc. Band.

The Live at Slugs vol.1 & 2 with three unissued tracks and the Live in Tokyo with three unissued tracks (taken from a video and in mono).

I have the original issued CD's (Japanese imports of course) and like them a lot so I will be buying this set for the updated sound (Addey did the transfers from the original tapes) and the extra material.

This is I'm sure the beginning of a lengthy and fruitful coorperation between Charles and Michael.

I think a WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party::party::party: may be in order !!! But since I don't own the japanese CD's.... Please tell me more about Tolliver, the Music Inc. band (who was in it), and the the live material....???

:):)

I thought I'd check first before I get replies with links to other threads which discuss it at length...

The Tolliver will be Strata East material. All the small group recordings with the Music Inc. Band.

The Live at Slugs vol.1 & 2 with three unissued tracks and the Live in Tokyo with three unissued tracks (taken from a video and in mono).

I have the original issued CD's (Japanese imports of course) and like them a lot so I will be buying this set for the updated sound (Addey did the transfers from the original tapes) and the extra material.

This is I'm sure the beginning of a lengthy and fruitful coorperation between Charles and Michael.