July '05 Mosaic Running Low & Last Chance

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my O'Day and Johnson sets toay. The O'Day is number 2958.

I have only had time to listen to fifteen tracks of disc 1 and I think I 'm going to like this one a lot. But more than O'Day's voice, I am really impressed with the quality of the sound. A big :tup here. The music is great too. More from me, when I have listened to the whole thing.

Edited by ASNL77

fwiw

i meant "buy" not but

buy organissimo's new cd it's the least we all should do and buy it from the band

so they get 100%

:cool:

Wow, you're a genuine idiot! Read the topic, moron, and go troll somewhere else!

Meanwhile, anyone have the latest numbers on copies left of J. J. Johnson??

Anita set #2947 arrived today...I'm lovin' it! I don't have a lot of vocalists in my jazz collection, but this one is most welcome.  :P

Mine is #2973. ^_^

And mine's #2974!

:)

#2949 checkin' in -- I didn't have very many vocalists in my collection either, and it sure seems like I picked a good place to start changing that!

fwiw

i meant "buy" not but

buy organissimo's new cd it's the least we all should do and buy it from the band

so they get 100%

Wow, you're a genuine idiot! Read the topic, moron, and go troll somewhere else!

Dang, that's a little harsh. SS1 is definitely not a troll.

I'd bet there are less than 100 copies of the JJ by now... if you don't already have it, don't be a procrastinator!! ;):g

I completely agree.... maybe this national heat wave has finally cracked its way onto Organissimo.... :(

FYI on the O'day set...I also bought some work of her pre-and post the Mosaic set... (40's and the 70's) and it doesn't compare.... the 70's stuff sounds pretty off...

but you'll be the best judge...

thanks for calming reminder.... :tup:cool:

Yeah, let's all relax.  I may have to relent on the O'Day.  I'll check Mosaic manana.

Edited by tranemonk

fwiw

i meant "buy" not but

so they get 100%

Gotta say, SS1 has taken this well, but to be honest I'm offended that someone with as few posts as you would be so disrespectful to such a veteran poster and valuable forum member as Soulstation1. :angry:

Anita set #2947 arrived today...I'm lovin' it! I don't have a lot of vocalists in my jazz collection, but this one is most welcome.  :P

Mine is #2973. ^_^

And mine's #2974!

:)

#2949 checkin' in -- I didn't have very many vocalists in my collection either, and it sure seems like I picked a good place to start changing that!

Assuming my understanding is correct... Mosaic has a license to sell ## number of sets and the license only last so many years...

So they may sell 7500 or sold until the license runs out (whichever comes first)....

The other interesting question which some board vets may know the answer to...

Is which Mosaic sets sold out (e.g., all 5000/75000 gone) BEFORE the license exprired...?

If I had to guess which ones went OOP before the license expired...???? Probably... Nat King Cole set.... Lee Morgan 50's session, and ???

It seems to me these days... most of the licenses expire before they reach their limit...

And obviously some sets (e.g., Four Freshman and Mildred Bailey)... ain't selling no 5000 copies... no matter how long the license is... Unless Bill Gates has a Mildred Bailey fetish....

:excited::excited:

How does the numbering on Mosaics work again? If there are 7500 sets and #2958 is the latest on here..., yet it's supposed to be almost sold out?

Edited by tranemonk

Here's what Mosaic says about the leasing situation:

Why Limited Editions? Mosaic does not own Pacific Jazz, Atlantic, Columbia, RCA, Blue Note, Verve or any other catalog product. With the exception of our Benedetti/Parker set, we lease all of our recordings from other record companies. The leases vary in detail, but in every case there's a cap on either the number of units we are allowed to manufacture or the number of years we're allowed to offer the set for sale. Therefore once the set has sold out, it will not be made available again.