July '05 Mosaic Running Low & Last Chance

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the O'Day set like the other Verve sets (Mulligan, Farlow, Hodges) that are also

being sold in Europe etc under Universals name?

The O'Day was not distributed by Universal in Europe, neither was the Hodges or the ones before covering stuff from the Universal vaults. Only the Mulligan, the Farlow, and now the Basie.

#2892 arrived today.  I've had this in my sites for awhile - glad for the heads up on this board.

When I sometimes train employees I do sessions on making work personally unique.  One of the things I do as an illustration is play "Chickory Chick" by Sammy Kaye and after taking comments (always bad) I play the same song by the Gene Krupa band with O'Day's vocal.  Not only do people like the song more they actually listen to the lyrics which kind of fits right in with the topic - well almost.

Anyone who can take pop schmaltz and make it into jazz is quite special.

....and #2908 here today!

I have just ordered The Johnson and the O'Day sets! I hate all those on the board who FORCED me to order the O'Day by praising and praising it again! :g . I could have waited a bit longer but in case the parcel gets lost or there is a problem with a CD, I want Mosaic to be able to come to my rescue! If Mosaic can deliver to the US in 6 hours, no doubt my sets will be here before the weekend! <_<

Edited by ASNL77

The Kid Ory set that I ordered Tuesday morning arrived today, and I was a little surprised that the number was so low - 812. I imagine that this will end up being one of the rarest Mosaics.

Now I am off to listen to Disc 1.

The Kid Ory set that I ordered Tuesday morning arrived today, and I was a little surprised that the number was so low - 812. I imagine that this will end up being one of the rarest Mosaics.

My set is numbered 540 and I ordered it a year or two ago. I guess it's now or never for the Ory set, because if sales have been so low for Mosaic, there's NO chance Verve will ever bother releasing single CDs.

Edited by montg

The Kid Ory set that I ordered Tuesday morning arrived today, and I was a little surprised that the number was so low - 812.  I imagine that this will end up being one of the rarest Mosaics.

Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this set (not that I am going to pull the trigger or anything.. ;) )

I've got a vinyl of the Ory material Red Allen ( Verve France mid 1980s reissue).

Decent Dixie material played with plenty of passion but if I'm hesitant over 9 discs of O'Day I'm even less likely to want a similar amount of Ory -- even if he did know Pops.

Edited by Clunky

The Kid Ory set that I ordered Tuesday morning arrived today, and I was a little surprised that the number was so low - 812.  I imagine that this will end up being one of the rarest Mosaics.

Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this set (not that I am going to pull the trigger or anything.. ;) )

I'll let you know after the weekend is over. I did not get very far through the set last night.

you and me both.. although I cop... I only got the Anita about 2 months ago.. but it is NICE NOT to have to panic... (and think about which bill is getting paid late this month... since I HAVE to get this set... :)

:D

Finally...a running low thread I can live with!  I've had the O'Day set for years, got the JJ a while back, and don't want the Ory.  I must be living right for a change!