organissimo wants to play in YOUR TOWN

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

first of all, it was great to see you guys in detroit. second, i have a great place for you all to play...the livery. it's a microbrewery in benton harbor. they make great beer plus the owners (my bosses) are kind folk who really appreciate good music. they've gotten chattam county line, alvin youngblood heart, robby fulks, dave alvin, and will be getting new riders in october! and hey, it's the perfect stop if you're drivin from g.r. to chicago.....just a thought. www.liverybrew.com

peace and thanks for the great music!

first of all, it was great to see you guys in detroit. second, i have a great place for you all to play...the livery. it's a microbrewery in benton harbor. they make great beer plus the owners (my bosses) are kind folk who really appreciate good music. they've gotten chattam county line, alvin youngblood heart, robby fulks, dave alvin, and will be getting new riders in october! and hey, it's the perfect stop if you're drivin from g.r. to chicago.....just a thought. www.liverybrew.com

Send checks to....................... :cool:

That's a cool looking club!

• 3 months later...

If you ever head down to St Louis, Tulsa, or Dallas, a good stopping point to fill out the tour would be here in Fayetteville Arkansas. It's a college town with the usual joints. Also home to the Walton Arts Center which has a variety of stages and brings in some pretty good acts.

Greg Osby, Herbie Hancock with Brecker and Hargrove, Dave Brubeck, Ramsey Lewis have all passed through and the shows are well attended. Pat Martino is coming in January (I've got my tickets) I know a guy who knows a guy who is the head of the local jazz society and I bet we could get something worked out. (Guy #1 is a drummer who used to be a recording engineer who once recorded Art Blakey out in California!)

The main music venue other than the WAC is George's Majestic Lounge. I've seen Galactic and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band there.

If you do come this way, YOU WILL STOP IN FAYETTEVILLE even if I have to rent out a music hall myself!

The legenday (at least locally) Tralf in downtown Buffalo seems to be up and running again with new management. Here's the link to their website (or at least their URL):

http://www.tralfmusichall.com

They've got a pretty good cross-section of acts booked at this point - Leon Redbone, Coco Montoya, a Genesis tribute band, Alan Holdsworth, Cowboy Junkies.

The place really is a great venue. Over the years I've seen a lot of different acts there - Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Wynton Marsalis, Joshua Redman, Blood Sweat and Tears, Bill Bruford, Gregg Allman to name a few - so there's quite a bit of history. The Tralf at its present location has been managed with varying degrees of success by several different people over the years. Recently, it was run by local saxophonist Bobby Militello - who plays with Brubeck. He lost the lease to some young upstart who ran the place into the ground over the past few years. The new management started a couple of months ago and seems to have the experience and commitment to bring the place back to where it was when Militello operated it.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

The legenday (at least locally) Tralf in downtown Buffalo seems to be up and running again with new management. Here's the link to their website (or at least their URL):

http://www.tralfmusichall.com

They've got a pretty good cross-section of acts booked at this point - Leon Redbone, Coco Montoya, a Genesis tribute band, Alan Holdsworth, Cowboy Junkies.

The place really is a great venue. Over the years I've seen a lot of different acts there - Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Wynton Marsalis, Joshua Redman, Blood Sweat and Tears, Bill Bruford, Gregg Allman to name a few - so there's quite a bit of history. The Tralf at its present location has been managed with varying degrees of success by several different people over the years. Recently, it was run by local saxophonist Bobby Militello - who plays with Brubeck. He lost the lease to some young upstart who ran the place into the ground over the past few years. The new management started a couple of months ago and seems to have the experience and commitment to bring the place back to where it was when Militello operated it.

That looks cool!

g

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We're looking for hip clubs to play across the country. If you have some cool places to play in your town that you think Organissimo would fit into stylistically (we can play straight jazz clubs or college bars that are a little open or art museums or what-have-you), please list them here. We'd love to come to your town and put on a show!

Thank you!

EDIT: I merged this old topic with Randy's new one since they are basically the same thing. If you feel more comfortable talking about this in private, please do not hesistate to send me a PM or an email. You can find my email address in my signature.

Thank you for your help and support!

did you ever play in Amsterdam?

We're looking for hip clubs to play across the country. If you have some cool places to play in your town that you think Organissimo would fit into stylistically (we can play straight jazz clubs or college bars that are a little open or art museums or what-have-you), please list them here. We'd love to come to your town and put on a show!

Thank you!

EDIT: I merged this old topic with Randy's new one since they are basically the same thing. If you feel more comfortable talking about this in private, please do not hesistate to send me a PM or an email. You can find my email address in my signature.

Thank you for your help and support!

did you ever play in Amsterdam?

and I don't mean Amsterdam, Michigan

I saw this sexy blonde woman play trumpet with her quartet at this really cool venue in Amsterdam called Cafe Alto (I think that was the name). It was an excellent venue with a fun, receptive crowd. I'm sure it would be a great place for Organissimo to play.

I saw this sexy blonde woman play trumpet with her quartet at this really cool venue in Amsterdam called Cafe Alto (I think that was the name). It was an excellent venue with a fun, receptive crowd. I'm sure it would be a great place for Organissimo to play.

a nice café it is!

who was she? Saskia Laroo?

Just a reminder, I've got a fantastic room for you to play in, here in Kansas City. When you get to thinkin' about a trip down this way, talk to me as soon as you can. I would need to book you guys probably a full 3-months in advance of the actual date, since my lead-times on certain press in this town is often that far in advance (the one local jazz rag only publishes every other month).

Also, I'm often working a concert or two ahead in my bookings, so let me know WAY early if you even have an inkling of passing through Kansas City.

Thanks!!! Sure hoping you guys will get down this way sometime in 2008. :wub:

a nice café it is!

who was she? Saskia Laroo?

I believe that was her! What a woman! :wub: She, along with a couple of Germans I met there, were trying to convince me to get up on the stage and play some drums, but I was way too drunk and would have made a fool of myself. Great times!

And its great to read about this Iron Post! I went to school down there, and there was always a shortage of music venues, so its good to hear about another one that opened. Is the Canopy Club still around? That would be a great Organissimo venue.

I had a weird dream last night where organissimo was playing this punk-rock festival in DC. They had to wear make-up and eyeliner.

At one point, Jim was singing this song making fun of Paris Hilton, and she walked in the club!

That's when I woke up.

Bertrand.