• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's playlist:

Joe Henderson, "Mode for Joe"

Stanley Turrentine, "Never Let Me Go"

Big John Patton, "Got a Good thing Going"

Big John Patton, Mosaic, disc 3

did I leave anything out?

participants: SS1, Conn, BFrank, Big Al, Ron S. Jim Dye.

Kenny Weir was bored at work and kept popping in and out!

:g

Y’know, that chat was a lot of fun. I mean, it was like being 13, and me & my buddies finding my dad’s old jazz records, putting ‘em on, and speaking the way most normal 13-yr-olds do (“Man, that BJP is one bad MF!” “Damn straight!” “GMFG!!!”) It’s rarely deep, but it’s tons o’ fun! I’ll be going back soon. I just hope Ron S will stick around when I arrive! ;):g

During my previous visit all sorts of things were discussed, in addition to the music being played. I don't think it's a problem, personally. But there is also the ability to "create" other chat rooms within the Live Chat that exist simultaneously. So if you wanted to have a different discussion altogether, it's easy to do.

Does all this mean/imply that during your CD discussions the chatroom is more or less closed for people wanting to discuss other topics?

Discussion topics are WIDE open. In fact, encouraged. Often the commentary breaks down into mindless chatter anyway (not that there's anything WRONG with it ^_^ ).

The CD being played provides a background only. (you can play whatever you want)

But there is also the ability to "create" other chat rooms within the Live Chat that exist simultaneously. So if you wanted to have a different discussion altogether, it's easy to do.

I know, but isn't a separate, "private" room limited to yourself and only one other person?

But there is also the ability to "create" other chat rooms within the Live Chat that exist simultaneously. So if you wanted to have a different discussion altogether, it's easy to do.

I know, but isn't a separate, "private" room limited to yourself and only one other person?

I s'pose, but this ain't one of them. This nightly thing is wide open, come & go as you please.

Join us one night, won't you? But be ready to deal with a maturity level somewhere around a junior high level. And that's when we're sober. It only goes downhill from there! :rsmile:

BFrank, CONN500 and SS1. They all make fun of me in the chatroom. :(

However, I've been enjoying the weekly abuse. :crazy:

Poor Wes is right. We do make fun of him; but no one escapes abuse. In fact, I don't think he is teased anymore than I am or BF or SS1. It's all part of the fun.

Last night, we were imagining all the places you might be jeepin' to, Wes. :g

Does all this mean/imply that during your CD discussions the chatroom is more or less closed for people wanting to discuss other topics?

Hans visited us one evening and probably discovered the maturity level was that of a frat house.

I think it helps that we all play the same cd; otherwise, the talk would meander into multiple directions. Maybe that wouldn't be bad at all. I would say, however, that you've got to lower your maturity level in order to enjoy what's going down. Otherwise, it would likely be dull.